Solid & Reliable
By sanford on
2008 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car in July 2008. I was in a bind, had to get something quick, and couldn't afford hefty car payments. I got a good deal and went with it. For the price, it is a good car. Sturdy, reliable, solid. I have put 28,000 miles on it in 19 months and have not had it in the shop once- we won't mention the trip to the body shop after a silly accident in the snow, will we? I read reviews before purchasing but, worried about gas prices, still went with a 4 cyl. Not a day goes by that I don't wish I had paid the extra $800 for a 6 cyl. The interior is made with lots of rock hard plastic but, for the price, I would recommend this car to someone low on money yet desirious of an SUV.
Favorite Features
LOVE LOVE LOVE the size of this little cutie. It is perfect for me and my daughter. The cargo space is nice; the rear seats go down so easily and perfectly flat.
Suggested Improvements
The center console is laughable. It is so low one cannot rest his/her arm on it w/o falling over. Improve gas mileage which is quite unimpressive given its low-powered engine.