Non smoking Campers view 2008 sportage.
By 4wheels2move on
2008 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
This review do to recal on the 2007 sportage Going home from the dealership my check engine light went on. I read the manual. I checked for recalls on the web. I found one recall for brake sensor and took the 2008 kia back . I told them of the recall. Kia checked the computer and told me they had never had five sensors bad , reset my computer and sent me home. Light came on just down the street. I told them I thought it was the brake sensor. The computer said steering. They replaced it. Almost home check engine light again.I told them brake sensor gives false codes. They replaced pitch,yhaw, finaly the last the sensor a brake sensor done. When cruise control stopped working. Problem fixed
Favorite Features
Good Visability from drivers seat. Adjusteble drivers seat. Good ground clerance for rough dirt roads. Dual automatic select transmision, Drive or select the gear wich is good on steep down hill dirt or snow roads allowing compresion breaking with disck breaking. Fold flat back and front passenger seat. I can camp in the car and not share a tent with bears. More accseserirse are standard than compotition. Rear ac/heater is under front seats, a plus in hot/cold climates. roof rack with crossbars holds safari rack and up to 100 pounds cargo for week long trips. Controls are intuitive and easy to accsess. 6 bevrage holders. Good leg and headroom for front and back seat passengers.
Suggested Improvements
Back seats should recline. Better plastic on the interior. Add center arm wrests in front. USB port for mp3. More padding in seats for long trips. Somthing I have never seen in a car, Smokers portals that can open and turn on cabin presure to expele secound hand smoke and other oders. One by each window and one by each ash tray. A hot water dispenser for coffe and tea. A cold water dispenser for premixed beveages. A small ice maker to keep ice chest topped off . A built in air compressor for tires and raft with led lights and emergany light.