Great Colorado SUV
By Jule on
2008 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I bought the Volcanic red Sportage in May of 2008 after much comparison shopping for a small suv. Test drove the CRV,Rav4, Rogue, and Outlander. Based on price, comfort and mpg it came down to the Outlander and the Sportage. Rav was uncomfortable and noisy! Outlander didn't have a light colored interior and was priced a bit higher so went w/the KIA and got it for the same price as a 2007. I get 25-30 mpg(city to hwy). It has 18,700 miles and 3 oil changes on it. Runs great, no problems. Good in snow,rain and mountains. I scaled down from a Windstar minivan and am very happy w/my choice! Recently rented a Sorento and it was even more comfortable, smoother ride and quieter on the hwy Go KIA
Favorite Features
Roomy front and back. Like the option to open just the back window and not the whole hatch back. Like how the lights go off when I forget to turn them off when I turn off the vehicle. My old vehicle had a ding sound to remind me but I like the "lights off on their own" better.
Suggested Improvements
Needs a front armrest and a keyless entry would be nice. Couldn't hurt to boost the horse power and make it a 5speed but then the price would be higher I presume.