2007 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Mix if good and bad
By ken90004 on 11/08/13 07:21 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After six years and 65,000 miles, we are sending off the last payment. It is nice to have a vehicle that outlasted the loan. Still under extended b-2-b for another 35,000 miles, so we can pay ourselves. This car will give you peave of mind One only issue we had a the A/C stopped working. It ended up being a loose bolt. We even towed a light pop-up with this, with no issues. It's been a great vehicle. Peppy off the line but slow on the highway. Good in the rain and snow. But the gas mileage is terrible for such a small engine. One of our better buys .

Very Happy with this car
By jacee on 01/01/13 04:36 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this new in Feb. 2007 with only 4 miles on it. In 5 years I only had one breakdown. The starter went out last year about 50k. I did not try to use the warranty just had it replaced. I have kept up all maint.. Including the expensive timing belt and water pump. That was 1600 but I also replaced the battery and serpintine belt. Anyway the car is not a hot rod but will get you out in traffic. Gas mileage is best at 55 to 60 mph. Drove it on hwy at 75mpg and gas mileage plummeted. Still get about 21 city/hwy. Drive well, very comfortable and love the storage capacity. I am at 66k miles now still no problems.

Not Happy :-/
By 07kiaowner1 on 09/25/12 14:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got the car about two weeks ago. i had a 2001 chevy suburban and with todays gas prices i was ready for a gas saver. The dealership told me the gas mileage was 22 city and 27 highway. i was truly excited about the car till i went out of town the first time. in fifth gear going 70mph my rpm is running about 3000!!! when i checked my gas mileage i got 23 mpg and nothing but highway no city driving at all!!!! i get 21 mpg in town very happy with that but highway sucks im a 22 year old college student that still cant afford the trips home to see family thanks to a lie of a dealership and the poor gas miles of my new kia :(

Fabulous SUV
By wmackay on 02/23/12 10:03 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love this SUV. After driving domestic vehicles for the past 10 years, Dodge Caravan, Pontiac Sunfire and some others including SUV's decided to go with a Kia. Previously had 2 Toyota Camry's 93 and 94 wagons which were great. Purchased a 2007 with 18,000 miles on it. Previous owner had absolutely NO problems with it. I've owned it for 3 years now and it has about 45,000 miles on it. The only problem I've had was one caliper having to be replaced. It's a dream to drive in the Canadian winters. Much better traction than some of the 4wd vehicles with the Michelin winter tires. Will NEVER go back to a domestic vehicle. Seems like these sites get all the negative on them but mine is +.

dissapointed
By egalea on 02/04/12 07:39 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

bought my new sportage in 2007. started complaining about a weird noise after 1 year. after2 years complaining and being told i was obsessive they had to change the whole transmission. Above 80kms/hr you have to crank the radio up due to the motor noise. you can feel even the smallest pebble on the road. sluggish gear change. revs up to unbearable before gear changes and sometimes you feel you want to go out to push it to move. cannot sell it or exchange it due to pathetic resale value. HANDS OFF. buy a tricycle.......more worthwhile

Stay away from KIA!
By Traci on 08/02/10 06:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cute vehicle, but has terrible traction in winter. Brakes were completely worn out after warranty expired (complete replacement in less than 2 years). KIA Warranty may be the best in the business, but dealers will find a way around it so don't let that be a purchasing factor. Had a front caliper fall off and almost flip over; rear axle squeals; battery dies often - but KIA says everything is great. Put over $600.00 in mandatory services and paid out $500.00 for additional maintenance per yr. I'll never purchase another KIA even if they offered it to me for free! If you want a vehicle that works OK for a year, then this is the car for you. enough said (you've been warned)

Research brought me to the SPORTAGE
By KIA's race bred SUV on 07/31/10 12:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Man I looked all of 'em. Started with the Forester, then a ML benz, Rav4, CR-V, and on and on. For 20k you will get close to rubbish in Australia in this class of vehicle. Reading numerous reviews led me to the Kia and believe me I didn't want to go there but the reviews couldn't all be lying! I looked into it. I must admit I was very surprised when I test drove one and found it to be better than all the above mentioned when considering ride quality (smooth as butter) braking is excellent, power is much better than its competitors except the xt forester, the black one I bought my wife looks better than all these overpriced under performers. KIA got it right with this one what can I say?

Nice little SUV
By Ladybug on 06/29/10 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my '07 Sportage used with 27K miles on it for only $11K from a Ford dealership. While test-driving it, the salesman, who had never been in the car before, exclaimed how much better it rode and how much quieter it is than an Escape. Having had a KIA before, I was more than happy to purchase another one. After 3 months I've been very happy with this car. It's simple and practical, which is what I wanted. I have the 4 cylinder, and it definitely isn't real zippy when entering freeways, but if you don't mind a little engine whine, you can push it without it getting near the redline. Since most of my driving is done on surface roads, the acceleration is more than adequate for my needs.

Not Impressed
By patti on 06/28/10 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Kia Sportage in Sept. 07 and I loved it! Within 2 months, 2 fuses blew and I had to have the brake light replaced. In April 2010, with only 36,000 miles on the car, I needed a new transmission. (Under warranty, but not the point)! Upon getting the car back, I have since brought it in for service, again, transmission related. I feel that I purchased a lemon, even though I bought it brand new!

Solid SUV with nagging issues
By Jesse on 04/06/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have put 45,000 miles on my 2007 Sportage. Has been very reliable aside from nagging "ESC OFF" issue. The "ESC OFF" illuminates on the dash due to a faulty "brake switch" as defined by a Kia recall for several of its models. I have had to have this replaced three times now (under warranty). Aside from that, brakes wore out after only 35000 miles and had to be replaced ($459). Cheap OEM Bridgestones tires needed to be replaced after 27,000 miles. Put Michelin Hydroedge tires on and it rides much better. Service at 60,000 miles will be costly as well. Averaging 22 mpg in mostly highway driving. Vehicle has been excellent in snow and slippery conditions and has excellent cargo space.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.