2006 Kia Sportage 2.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great little SUV for a

2006 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Great little SUV for a small price
By Ray on

2006 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife needed a new car and wanted something with 4wd. So we test drove the Honda CR-V first. My wife thought it was OK but nothing special. I suggested that she should check out the Kia Sportage since my Kia Sedona has been so reliable. Se was reluctant to do it since she really didn't think that the Kia would be comparable to the CR-V. We test drove the car and were immediately impressed with the build quality, handling and quietness of the car. We bought the luxury package with leather, heated seats and an impressive stereo with subwoofer. My wife tells me every day how she loves this vehicle. She looks forward to her morning commute.

Favorite Features

My wife loves the heated seats. I like that it has a quality Borg Warner 4wd system. Leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be better. The subwoofer on the radio in the luxury package is nice, but they should have include the MP3 capability with this radio as well plus lose the tape deck, it's obsolete technology.