Used 2006 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

EXCELLENT CAR
By PAUL

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car. Plenty of power with the V6 engine. Drove to Pittsburgh from New York and then to upstate Saratoga NY. Averaged 25 mpg on the highway with the air conditioner on full blast. A real fun and easy car to drive. No real complaints to date.

The whole car.

Seats to be a little more comfortable.

Love my Kia
By JENin5280

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Kia. My first was a 2003 Sorento that I loved dearly, it just started getting expensive to maintain. So I "downgraded" or so I thought. I am always impressed with Kia and my Sportage is no exception. Gas mileage improves with every tank. Great, smooth ride. I drove 3 different Hondas and no one ever pulled up next to me at a light to ask me about my Honda, but they have about both of my Kia's. People are curious. I love my Sportage, I loved my Sorento and I would recommend them to anyone. Oh, and I took it up to Breckenridge and over Loveland Pass a month ago and it performed flawlessly.

I LOVE the color, 4wd, heated leather seats and mirrors. I love how the seats flip down in this Sportage. Easy for the dogs to jump in. I am going to throw a few cool aftermarket items on my car and it will truly be awesome.

The only problem I've had so far is my rear windshield wiper being broken off at the car wash (they bought me a new one). The 6 disc in dash CD player is WAY slower then the one in the Sorento. I miss my steering wheel stereo controls, which weren't an option on the Sportage. That's it!

Don`t be a leadfoot!
By badbri1

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am writing because there seems to be issues with a lot of folks about the gas mileage they are getting with their Sportages. I WAS averaging about 18.6 mpg at first. But after the first month and a half, and driving it like I had 1 gallon left in the tank, I was pleasantly surprised to see my mileage increase to 24.3 average mpg. I have noticed that despite HIGH gas prices, it doesn`t seem to slow anyone down...why? I think if most of you just stopped romping on the gas, you would find the mileage posted for the vehicle is quite accurate, and you should be doing your part to save fuel anyway. Stop trying to race everyone, and you`ll pay a lot less. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle; you should too!

The stereo, the interior design, the fold flat rear-seats. The overall styling, the "nice car!" quotes I get all the time. The window tint, roof rack, the sunroof, and the warranty. I haven`t found anything I don`t like!

None...maybe in the future make it more of a 4x4 if possible, but this model needs no improvement. Mine is Volcanic Red with Beige Mochalatte interior....sweeeeet!

Enjoying the ride!
By Val S.

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I love it. Quiet interior, handles very well, looks great and you can't beat the warranty. I think this is an up and coming vehicle that will prove to hold its value in the coming years.

Love the height and handling for a small SUV.

Needs arm rests up front for the bucket seats. The storage container just does not do it!

Great Sporty SUV
By Kim

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As a previous high end car owner, I tried a more reasonably priced car with a better warranty for my new car. I enjoy my Sportage so much,;rides well, lots of comfort items inside, and great on gas. I am very happy with this vehicle.

Sporty look, easy to let seats down, storage.