2006 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Great Car
By dmac on 11/20/05 07:53 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

While looking for a small SUV, we settled upon the Kia Sportage. I was very impressed with the various standard features and the surprising amount of interior room. The warranty is not bad either!

Best for the money
By esd on 11/15/05 20:33 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My experience was that when I first test drove the Sportage, it was a lot whole lot different than the 2002 predecessor. The exterior was a little bit more taller than the 2002 version. The interior was even nicer than the old one too! Below the front passenger airbag was some kind of handle bar just to hold on to.

Great for a small! SUV
By KIAGreat on 11/14/05 17:39 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I like our new SUV so much because it is safe and has a huge interior space. I tried lots of SUVs before such as Cherokee, Liberty, etc. My knees always stuck into front seats when I sit at back seat. This SUV has lots of space, has great safety features, has great warranty and it is cheap. This SUV is not meant to be a great outdoor giant but if you have kids and you live in a city, it is great. We live in Minneapolis so driving with my newborn in winter with 4WD will be more safer.

I LOVE MY SPORTAGE!
By Genie Candler on 11/10/05 13:50 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I knew the first time that I slIpped behind the wheel of my 2005 Kia Sportage that I was meant to drive it. I was scared, because I'm only 5'2," so I had always feared the SUV, knowing I would never see out of it. But my salesman had more confidence than I did, as we went for a ride. It drove like a dream, and it still does, months later. And, for you short people out there -- I CAN SEE OUT OF IT (better, actually, than I could in my old car). The mileage is better than I could have hoped for in even a small SUV, and it is the most fun car that I have ever driven. I now know that my next car will be a Kia, and the next one, and the next one.

Bad deal
By Greg on 10/27/05 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hate to say, I dislike my car. It's nice when it's standing on parking lot. No fun to drive at all.

Great Economical SUV
By kia4me on 10/27/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Gas use is higher than expected, but still good. Comfortable and quiet. Does not have sports car like acceleration, but I did not expect it. A great purchase for me and my family.

Great mini suv
By Frank G. on 10/13/05 01:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle handles very well, great acceleration for 173hp, very nice looking suv, idles quiet, comfortable seating, impressive inside room front and rear. Storage is adequate, especially when rear seats are folded flat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.