2006 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews 5

2006 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
LOVE THIS CAR
By TOTEM12 on 06/09/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We love our new Sportage. Great fit and finish. Is quiet, handles well with comfort, suspension tuning is excellent. Doors close with a solid "chunk". Fog lights are great. Love the big climate controls. Comfortable seats. An excellent value.

Love It
By julie on 05/27/06 04:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just got my Sportage, I do have to say so far this truck is a dream. Comfort in this vehicle is unbelievable. I used to hate driving; now I can't wait to go for a ride. Great for the family. Love the unbelievable options. I didn't know cars had mp3 players.

06 Sportage Review
By T Wilson on 05/13/06 09:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got my Sportage one month ago and we are very happy with it to date. Plenty of cargo space and great sound from the speakers. V6 has plenty of pick up and is very quiet on the highway. Wish it got a little better mileage, but we feel very safe with all the airbags. Driver sits high with good forward visibility. Mirrors are large and the instrument panel is perfectly centered. Dash ergonomics are very good. The cruise control is very easy to use. The wipers are quiet and well placed. Headlights are bright and bright lights are blinding. My wife has an Accord, but wants to drive the Sportage whenever she can get it from me.

Nice sport SUV with sunroof/leather seats
By munguia on 04/26/06 12:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Easy to drive and park in tight spots, Powerful air conditioning and heat system, looks more expensive than it is. I feel very safe with the 6 airbags and other safely features. Nice cargo space for a sport suv with the front passenger seat folding down.

Great Little Truck for $21K
By RobR on 04/22/06 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car 2 months ago, and just put in the first oil change. I get 17/22 mpg. It's been great so far, really has exceeded our expectations. The only thing I've noticed I didn't know before is the road noise seems a bit loud. The power outlet up front was mis-wired, but the dealer fixed it quickly. The auto tranny could be better, but is adequate. sport shifter is hokey. Offroad, I learned very quickly to turn off the Electronic Stability Program to make it. Reviewers say otherwise, but I say this is a great off-road vehicle. I drive it up primitive access roads to mountaintops on the job, and it has been just great - sans ESP-, even in 8 inches of snow on really poor, steep roads.

Happy Kia Owner
By Keith on 04/06/06 10:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia Sportage last December and I love it. I have taken several long distant trips with it and never have had a problem. It is comfortable to drive, fun to drive and more roomy than expected. I have a wife and two small children and we and all of our stuff fit in it when we travel. Also, I went out shooting in the desert when it was really muddy and the 4WD handled like a pro. My dad just went out and bought one.

How can you go wrong?
By Best combination on 03/31/06 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As part of my 3 month research process, I drove about 5 different vehicles, ranging from the Scion xB to the Mazda Tribute to the Kia's twin, the Tucson. I was looking for a vehicle with good gas mileage, storage compartments and cubbyholes, rear legroom, traction control, side airbags and a good stance/appearance. The Tucson was nice, but the handling was different (not as tight) and the interior felt cheap. I liked the xB a lot (great mpg and unique styling), but the storage behind the back seat just wasn't enough. The Sportage had everything I wanted. The 4 cylinder performs well and I am getting 22 mpg combined. I didn't need a hot rod, I needed functionality and value.

A Great Value!
By KG in Tennessee on 03/27/06 19:10 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this little SUV. Looks great, ride is smooth and the V6 has plenty of power. I originally was looking at a Sorrento and spotted the redesigned Sportage. No regrets!

great bank for the buck
By superstark on 03/21/06 07:51 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I researched just about everything in this class, but kept coming back to the Sportage. In terms of value, it clearly beats everything. Nice design, inside and out. Power is decent, excellent safety features. Seriously consider the 6 cylinder over the 4; there's a huge difference. I do think that the steering and brakes could use some improvement, however. I had two problems right off the lot, the turn signal shaft and a belt needed to be replaced. Still, you get more than you pay for, and the Sportage is at least $4-5k less than its competitors if you can find something comparably equipped. How can you a beat a V6/AWD vehicle for around $20k?

Love Kia
By Donna Flynn on 03/12/06 19:27 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love my Kia. Have had several comments about what a sharp vehicle it is. Recommend Kia to anyone. The warranty is fantastic. Drove it to Florida 10 days after buying it. For the first time in 4 years of going to Florida, our backs did not hurt from riding in a vehicle.