2006 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
EXCELLENT CAR
By PAUL on 09/04/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car. Plenty of power with the V6 engine. Drove to Pittsburgh from New York and then to upstate Saratoga NY. Averaged 25 mpg on the highway with the air conditioner on full blast. A real fun and easy car to drive. No real complaints to date.

Love my Kia
By JENin5280 on 09/02/06 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Kia. My first was a 2003 Sorento that I loved dearly, it just started getting expensive to maintain. So I "downgraded" or so I thought. I am always impressed with Kia and my Sportage is no exception. Gas mileage improves with every tank. Great, smooth ride. I drove 3 different Hondas and no one ever pulled up next to me at a light to ask me about my Honda, but they have about both of my Kia's. People are curious. I love my Sportage, I loved my Sorento and I would recommend them to anyone. Oh, and I took it up to Breckenridge and over Loveland Pass a month ago and it performed flawlessly.

Don`t be a leadfoot!
By badbri1 on 08/07/06 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am writing because there seems to be issues with a lot of folks about the gas mileage they are getting with their Sportages. I WAS averaging about 18.6 mpg at first. But after the first month and a half, and driving it like I had 1 gallon left in the tank, I was pleasantly surprised to see my mileage increase to 24.3 average mpg. I have noticed that despite HIGH gas prices, it doesn`t seem to slow anyone down...why? I think if most of you just stopped romping on the gas, you would find the mileage posted for the vehicle is quite accurate, and you should be doing your part to save fuel anyway. Stop trying to race everyone, and you`ll pay a lot less. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle; you should too!

Enjoying the ride!
By Val S. on 07/27/06 08:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I love it. Quiet interior, handles very well, looks great and you can't beat the warranty. I think this is an up and coming vehicle that will prove to hold its value in the coming years.

Great Sporty SUV
By Kim on 07/24/06 11:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As a previous high end car owner, I tried a more reasonably priced car with a better warranty for my new car. I enjoy my Sportage so much,;rides well, lots of comfort items inside, and great on gas. I am very happy with this vehicle.

My new Toy
By Matt on 07/18/06 14:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I needed to get out of the sports car I was in. So I did my homework and went to the auto show in Cleveland Ohio and fell in love with the Sportage. Been in heaven since. Great car for the money. Make sure you get the v6 EX 4x4.

Kia Sportage review
By jjf on 06/23/06 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Good vehicle, would buy one at next purchase and recommend one to friends and family.

Caveat emptor
By Edzo on 06/22/06 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

In <13K miles and 6 months ownership the engine has been replaced twice on mine. Service has been barely adequate and honoring the warranty provisions was met with reluctance. It's comfortable, quiet and reasonably efficient. It handles well on all road surfaces and has a number of great safety features. All controls are easily accessible without distracting the operator. Sound system is decent for being stock, too. Frankly, I love my Sportage. If not for the poorly re-engineered engine and weak service I'd recommend it whole- heartedly.

Happy Happy
By Dave on 06/19/06 17:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had the Sportage a little over a month now. Taken one long-distance trip. Great handling, smooth ride. Good fit and finish. No initial flaws. Converted from a PT Cruiser.

Why pay big bucks
By Clint on 06/14/06 15:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have compared this SUV with all the others and the big bucks do not get you anything better. If buyers would give a look and try, they will buy the Kia. The workmanship and performance are very very good. I get 23mpg city and 27mpg highway. Keep it at 55 mph - I have hit 29.2mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.