Used 2006 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sportage SUV

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Recent trip
By Jim Puckett

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just returned from a 3600 mile trip in which my Kia performed most excellently. The ride was surprisingly good for such a small SUV, 27 mpg for the trip. I would like it to be a little quieter.

Favorite Features

I bought it after a glance a the back end. I love the look of the dual exhaust against the brown color.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better layout of the console, cup holders in a bad place and not a large enough space for misc junk.

Great buy
By D.Davis

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best bang for the buck. Smooth, quiet ride. Dealer installed running board really adds a classy look. Compliments on the looks of the car everywhere I go. My car color is black with body-color side cladding/fender flares and Sports Package.

Favorite Features

Great air conditioner.

Suggested Improvements

Standard heated side view mirrors.

First Time Buyer
By KenL

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Looking for small SUV and tried both Honda and Toyota and found that this was best for the money. We have not done any highway driving but was getting initial 17 - 19 MPG. I replaced the air filter with K&N and now getting 23 - 26 around town. Pickup is slow but once it gets going it is fine, but with I wish it had 5 or 6 speed automatic. For the price of $20K with V6 auto, power everything, CD / MP3, sunroof, keyless with alarm, alloy wheels, upgraded interior, etc.

Favorite Features

Power sunroof, brushed aluminium trim, great stereo, power everything is great for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger engine and transmission, better dash reading for speedometer would be nice but overall this is great.

too soon to say, but love it
By Viki

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car. Luxury, luxury, great for the $$$. Had 1000 miles on it, but so far love it. Drive mainly in city about 18 miles per gal around town. Only put about 200 miles on it but trip coming soon. Gave it all 5 as starting point on ratings.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, sunroof, fold down rear seats, hard backing for storing cargo on back of seats.

Suggested Improvements

Need more drive time to suggest.

So Far So Good...
By czechers

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had an old Spectra and went in for a service appointment, and ended up leaving with a new Sportage. I was looking at other brands, but the features for the price are outstanding. The MPG is less than advertised however... I haven't done much highway driving yet, I only have 750 miles on the clock and I am stuck at 17 MPG. (Advertised 19/25) I was worried that the horsepower was on the low side compared with competitors, however, it moves this SUV just fine. I also wish there were a 5 or 6 speed automatic. But, as I said, for the price of $21K I got a V6 auto, power everything, CD / MP3, Sunroof, Keyless with Alarm, Alloy wheels, upgraded interior, etc.

Favorite Features

Power Sunroof, Brushed Aluminium Trim, Great Stereo, Power everything, a lot for the money... little hooks everywhere are great!

Suggested Improvements

Needs a 5 or 6 speed auto to make the most of Manumatic shifting, lose some of the body cladding. A little more horsepower wouldn't hurt, but what you get is adequate.