Used 2006 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Great SUV! Need customized parts !!
By J. Elton

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I originally went to buy the Sorento and my wife liked the Sportage EX V6 loaded. Need I tell you what we got? I really wanted the BMW grille kit that would go on the Sorento. It is really sharp. It doesn't exist for the Sportage. There are no places to get sport parts for this vehicle. I have tricked out the stereo w/in-dash 1din DVD player w/ headrest LCDs and bluetooth for my phone and also Garmin Nuvi 660 w/ btooth. Mine is fast and sporty w/2 tone silver. I have a 1999 BMW 528i that now sits. This is a very fine vehicle for what I spent. I would buy again 4 sure! Love the fact remote start. Get it! Oh and I debaged it. It now says Kia nowhere. I got custom Sportage logos instead.

Sharp body style. Looks like a Lexus from the side. Fast. Very reliable.

Offer sport package, real sport enhancements (Gingerbread). Upgradeable at purchase stereo with GPS/DVD/MP3, rims, etc. And get that mileage up there!!

Great Little Truck
By lg

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We owned a Ford Escape and bought this as our second vehicle. It quickly became our first vehicle. The ride is great it handles great and it comes with so many standard safety features. The ride is so much better than the Escape and a lot quieter too. Really fun to drive. We liked it so much that we traded our 2004 Escape in for another Kia product, the Sorento.

All of the standard safety features. Classy looking interior.

Larger fuel tank.

Recent trip
By Jim Puckett

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just returned from a 3600 mile trip in which my Kia performed most excellently. The ride was surprisingly good for such a small SUV, 27 mpg for the trip. I would like it to be a little quieter.

I bought it after a glance a the back end. I love the look of the dual exhaust against the brown color.

Needs a better layout of the console, cup holders in a bad place and not a large enough space for misc junk.

Great buy
By D.Davis

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best bang for the buck. Smooth, quiet ride. Dealer installed running board really adds a classy look. Compliments on the looks of the car everywhere I go. My car color is black with body-color side cladding/fender flares and Sports Package.

Great air conditioner.

Standard heated side view mirrors.

First Time Buyer
By KenL

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Looking for small SUV and tried both Honda and Toyota and found that this was best for the money. We have not done any highway driving but was getting initial 17 - 19 MPG. I replaced the air filter with K&N and now getting 23 - 26 around town. Pickup is slow but once it gets going it is fine, but with I wish it had 5 or 6 speed automatic. For the price of $20K with V6 auto, power everything, CD / MP3, sunroof, keyless with alarm, alloy wheels, upgraded interior, etc.

Power sunroof, brushed aluminium trim, great stereo, power everything is great for the money.

Stronger engine and transmission, better dash reading for speedometer would be nice but overall this is great.