2006 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Great Purchase
By JJ on 11/28/06 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Did a ton of research as I was a little hesitant about buying a Kia. My first choice was the Honda CR-V and then the Ford Escape. The Sportage puts both of those to shame, especially the Escape. There is no comparison on the interior or the ride. Once I test drove the Sportage I knew it was the right SUV for me. I love it and can't be happier.

Kia Improvement
By Poncebx on 11/25/06 05:53 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It is a very good car but there is room for more improvement, like fuel economy, and back lumbar and an arm rest for the drive. Over all it is better then other SUV that I have had.

Great little SUV for a small price
By Ray on 11/11/06 19:37 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife needed a new car and wanted something with 4wd. So we test drove the Honda CR-V first. My wife thought it was OK but nothing special. I suggested that she should check out the Kia Sportage since my Kia Sedona has been so reliable. Se was reluctant to do it since she really didn't think that the Kia would be comparable to the CR-V. We test drove the car and were immediately impressed with the build quality, handling and quietness of the car. We bought the luxury package with leather, heated seats and an impressive stereo with subwoofer. My wife tells me every day how she loves this vehicle. She looks forward to her morning commute.

Finally, a stylish 4X4 stick-shift SUV!
By D. Boone on 11/09/06 20:46 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'd loved my old compact/"cute" 1999 Kia Sportage...despite its simplistic interior and "quirks". However, it was time to upgrade, and my 5 speed, 2006 Sportage is great! Its one of the few 4X4 manual transmission SUVs still available, since many companies seem to be opting out in favor of automatic transmissions. Since I really wanted an actual stick-shift...with a clutch (not a "sport-matic" shift) this car was/is the one for me. It's still only a 4 cylinder engine, but it's powerful enough for everyday usage, and it's kind to the environment...and to my wallet (since gasoline costs seem to only get more expensive)! It maneuvers easily, brakes smoothly, and doesn't dent when leaned upon. :)

my brand new suv
By shelly on 11/07/06 17:35 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Kia Sportage. The only downside is the lack of power when going up the hill, but putting that aside, I cannot find any other issues.

Pleasantly surprised
By texassportage on 10/27/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I used Edmunds and other websites to research my compact SUV purchase and my final four were the: CR-V, Sportage, RAV4, and Tucson. My wife has a Kia already so it was the first place we went. I was so impressed with the drive of this vehicle that we didn't even bother test driving anything else. This car was already the best "deal" and the fact that it drove well, was comfortable, fun, and the perfect size for us now...and in the future (there are clasps for child safety seats on all three back seats) made it the right car for us. I am really impressed with its power too. It used to be considered a toy car - but I would recommend this SUV to anyone who wants a little more room.

Great car!
By kia owner on 10/25/06 09:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really love my Sportage. We bought it back in January and have not been disappointed. We had an opportunity to buy the 4wd and air conditioning, but choose to stick with the base model. I wouldn't mind having those extras, but I really don't need them. I would rather save a few thousand dollars. The only thing that is a little strange is the air vent; in the summer it is quite warm, even warmer than the outside air. I think it must travel past the engine and get warmed up that way.

Very Pleased!
By TimK on 10/24/06 14:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We got the Sportage EX, 6 cylinder with leather - and it's great. We researched and drove lots of small SUVs and this car had the most bang for the buck. We've had it for a month and like it more every day. It's really not a "small" SUV, in my book, with legit room for five. Leather interior in the color scheme we wanted was hard to find, but worth the effort and money.

Best of many vehicles I have owned
By Ron on 10/16/06 16:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As a senior citizen who has owned many vehicles, I am hard to please. This vehicle has really impressed me though. Very utilitarian, comfortable, practical, dependable so far and fun to drive to boot. Would buy another in a minute. Only downside is gas mileage of 21 mpg, but we drive mostly in urban areas. Have taken a couple of short trips and the vehicle can hold its own on the interstates too.

From point A to B and a little more
By AF Family on 09/05/06 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my Kia Sportage for the first 7800 miles. I think the interior is roomy and fits five people comfortably. Love the body style it--looks beefy compared to other small SUV's. Upgraded to a V6 to tow a couple of quads. Though I haven't towed with it yet, power seems readily available. I do mostly highway driving and it handles very well on back roads and switchbacks. It has some get up and go to pass vehicles. Can't wait to do some 4 wheelin' in it. I am very happy to see that I am getting the mileage they suggested on the window sticker, 19 city and 23 highway. It took a while to get used to the 10mph increments on the speedometer. Cruise control is a breeze to use.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.