Used 2006 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sportage SUV

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

my first SUV, and I love it!!!
By dan

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my leased 2006 honda civic for a used 2006 sportage with 15,000 miles on it (basically new). I love the interior and exterior its a great ride. I actually find driving fun again for the first time since I was 16. Car has plenty of power, all the features you could want for a base v6 model. I lost some gas mileage when I traded civic in, but I knew that would happen and accepted it.

Favorite Features

looks, styling, power, handling

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage, make keyless entry standard.

Best valued Mid Sized SUV for the money
By MJP53

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We looked at all of the players; Rav4, CRV, Focus, BMW X3, Tuscon, etc. This was by far the best car for the money. It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage, great on trips and handles like a dream. This is a well engineered vehicle. It also has the best warranty in the industry.

Favorite Features

Styling, seats, handling

Suggested Improvements

Power seats on the EX

Comfortable and reliable
By rebecca Hunt

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Kia sportage ! I have owned it for a year now and I have enjoyed it more than I thought I ever would.I car pool kids in it I have driven through the mountains of west virginia in it and I went camping in it. and I love the interior, it isn't full of hard plastic everywhere. I have the basic model and I love the easy to care for fabric. The sound system is great and it has plenty of power for me. I highly recommend it for moms on a budget. It gets great mileage on trips and I also have 4 wheel drive and I can get anywhere in this SUV, believe me I have used it, and it cleans up nice too! I have lots of confidence in this SUV, my next trip will be Key west!

Favorite Features

I really love everything about this vehicle, I did my homework before I bought it. I drove a ford escape and a jeep liberty and I thought this SUV was more comfortable and the gas mileage was better.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would add would be an arm rest in the middle console.

Great SUV! Need customized parts !!
By J. Elton

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I originally went to buy the Sorento and my wife liked the Sportage EX V6 loaded. Need I tell you what we got? I really wanted the BMW grille kit that would go on the Sorento. It is really sharp. It doesn't exist for the Sportage. There are no places to get sport parts for this vehicle. I have tricked out the stereo w/in-dash 1din DVD player w/ headrest LCDs and bluetooth for my phone and also Garmin Nuvi 660 w/ btooth. Mine is fast and sporty w/2 tone silver. I have a 1999 BMW 528i that now sits. This is a very fine vehicle for what I spent. I would buy again 4 sure! Love the fact remote start. Get it! Oh and I debaged it. It now says Kia nowhere. I got custom Sportage logos instead.

Favorite Features

Sharp body style. Looks like a Lexus from the side. Fast. Very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Offer sport package, real sport enhancements (Gingerbread). Upgradeable at purchase stereo with GPS/DVD/MP3, rims, etc. And get that mileage up there!!

Great Little Truck
By lg

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We owned a Ford Escape and bought this as our second vehicle. It quickly became our first vehicle. The ride is great it handles great and it comes with so many standard safety features. The ride is so much better than the Escape and a lot quieter too. Really fun to drive. We liked it so much that we traded our 2004 Escape in for another Kia product, the Sorento.

Favorite Features

All of the standard safety features. Classy looking interior.

Suggested Improvements

Larger fuel tank.