Used 2006 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By lmcintyre001@att.net

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got a good deal on this car and it has been amazing! I've only had it in the shop 4 times in the 130,000 miles I've owned it and none of those were "major" repairs. With regular maintenance and oil changes, this vehicle has been everything I hoped it would be!

I will stick with Kia after owning one.
By Victoria

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It's everything I want in a safe and reliable car for my family. The only issue I have had so far is the HVAC unit which I will be getting fixed. Other than that, the car is great and I plan to stick with Kia after this one has run its course.

not happy
By thomas89

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 KIA Sportage 2.7 v6 4x4. I like the car but lately it has not been good. I only have 19000 mile on it and keep it in a garage. At 18000 miles the engine started to miss and the check engine light came on. I took it to the KIA dealer and after 5 visits and changing parts that did not fix it and paying for them, they finally fixed it by changing the plugs and the ignition wires. I was charged 5 times the price I would have paid at Auto Barn or Pep Boys. For what KIA charges for the plugs and wires they should last a lot, lot longer then 18000 miles and they should have changed them first. These parts should have been changed under the warranty.

The Perfect Car
By sportagelover2

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 KIA's and loved them both.
My 2006 Sportage has almost 200k on it and still going strong. I would never buy another kind of car. My next one with be a 4 wheel drive now that I live in the mountains.

Thank you KIA keep up the great work!

PS Try working on the rear end safety :)

Love this car!
By lorijohnston

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd Kia I have owned, and I my 2nd positive review for this company.
I bought my Kia brand new in 2006 with about 16 miles on the odometer.
I currently have about 60K on this vehicle and it is still running beautifully.
No major problems, decent gas mileage and plenty of room for my husband, two kids and 90-pound labrador retriever.
With the 5-speed manual transmission, we don't seem to have the power issues that have been mentioned in previous reviews.

Cruise control with a manual transmission; multiple 'plugs' for my kids to plug in a portable DVD player or charge their hand held video games; decent gas mileage.

How about making a hybrid version of the Sportage?