2006 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Love this car!
By lorijohnston on 07/21/11 12:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd Kia I have owned, and I my 2nd positive review for this company. I bought my Kia brand new in 2006 with about 16 miles on the odometer. I currently have about 60K on this vehicle and it is still running beautifully. No major problems, decent gas mileage and plenty of room for my husband, two kids and 90-pound labrador retriever. With the 5-speed manual transmission, we don't seem to have the power issues that have been mentioned in previous reviews.

Good car
By Stillalive on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was a great mid$ car. Was totaled in crash, and all crumple zones and air bags saved me! Never had any issues with this car. Owned it from 47k to 74k miles. Btw, I paid $9500, and after 14 months, ins paid $8300. Book value went UP even with 27k more miles on it. Avg. 24 mpg mostly freeway. For you gear heads, there is about a 1400 rpm drop between gears. 3800 rpm in 5th gets you about 72 mph on flats. You'll need to drop 1 on hills. Great car for the $.

Finally, a stylish 4X4 stick-shift SUV!
By D. Boone on 11/09/06 20:46 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'd loved my old compact/"cute" 1999 Kia Sportage...despite its simplistic interior and "quirks". However, it was time to upgrade, and my 5 speed, 2006 Sportage is great! Its one of the few 4X4 manual transmission SUVs still available, since many companies seem to be opting out in favor of automatic transmissions. Since I really wanted an actual stick-shift...with a clutch (not a "sport-matic" shift) this car was/is the one for me. It's still only a 4 cylinder engine, but it's powerful enough for everyday usage, and it's kind to the environment...and to my wallet (since gasoline costs seem to only get more expensive)! It maneuvers easily, brakes smoothly, and doesn't dent when leaned upon. :)

Great car!
By kia owner on 10/25/06 09:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really love my Sportage. We bought it back in January and have not been disappointed. We had an opportunity to buy the 4wd and air conditioning, but choose to stick with the base model. I wouldn't mind having those extras, but I really don't need them. I would rather save a few thousand dollars. The only thing that is a little strange is the air vent; in the summer it is quite warm, even warmer than the outside air. I think it must travel past the engine and get warmed up that way.

Enjoying the ride!
By Val S. on 07/27/06 08:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I love it. Quiet interior, handles very well, looks great and you can't beat the warranty. I think this is an up and coming vehicle that will prove to hold its value in the coming years.

ALL things considered, You'll love it!
By Rick C. on 01/25/06 20:28 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We were in the market for a mid-SUV. We saw EVERYTHING on the market out there! Considering ALL THINGS when buying a vehicle, the KIA was a no-brainer for us. No, it's not a BMW or a Mercedes but then that's not our market. We wanted bang-for-the-buck and the Sportage delivered big time. I own a Lexus and I have more fun with my wife's Sportage. We got the std 5-speed manual 4 cylinder, it won't win the Autobahn but then we had real expectations. If you need zero-to-60 in 5.2 then get something else. If you want a comfortable ride with ample features at a value price then off to the Kia dealership you go. FYI, good values usually get more expensive with time. The word will soon get out. Hurry!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.