Took a chance and it is paying off!
By Dan on
2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
I researched this car and 3 other compact SUVs (CR-V, Rav4, Escape). The Kia was near the bottom in price but head and shoulders above the others in features. The only thing concerning me was the name. Kia doesn't exactly scream reliability...yet. I took a chance thinking the 10 year warranty was a good fall back if things didn't go well. After almost a year and 15k+ miles I am pleased in my choice. Have had no problems with the vehicle, only visit the dealer to change oil every 5k miles as the filter is exotic & expensive at a parts shop. Get compliments all the time on style, people think it is a luxury suv. Didn't want to review early just in case, but after a year this is an awesome buy!
Favorite Features
Interior and exterior styling, safety, interior room, safety, comfort, fun to drive, safety, adequate power, warranty, sun roof, safety, stereo/cd/mp3 player, oh, and all the airbags...which I guess would be safety.
Suggested Improvements
Could use a tad more power, but better gas mileage (I know, can't please me either way)! Get rid of the ash tray in the back, who smokes in the back seat of a car? Not enough dedicated Kia dealerships around - have to share with another manufacturer, which means Kia is often a red-headed step child.