2005 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: This Time Kia Got It Right

2005 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

This Time Kia Got It Right
By Mark on

2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We had originally considered a 2002 Sportage, but were concerned they were discontinuing the model. Now I'm glad I waited. My previous experience with Kia came from owning a Ford Aspire (built by Kia), which gave me 60,000 trouble- free miles, so I knew Kias were reliable. The new Sportage is everything its namesake wasn't: Stylish, safe, well-built and a kick to drive. Not to mention a killer sound system (although a bit heavy on the bass, something classical music doesn't always need). The interior feels upscale, and is more comfortable than the more-expensive competitors I tested. With another New England winter coming (probably next week), I feel confident my Sportage will get me home.

Interior room, seat comfort, power, ride comfort, fit and finish, totally flat cargo area with the seats folded, great sounding stereo, and value for the money. Also that 10-year power train warranty!

A little less bass on the stereo equalizer. Not all music needs booming bass response. If you listen to a wide variety of music, as I do, it's inconvenient to have to adjust the bass every time you put in a different CD. Rap fans will probably love the bass, but the I would like a bit more control.