Don't knock it 'til you try it!
By jordans_stang on
2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
I am impressed. My wife and I have a 2012 Mustang and a 2013 Elantra and decided we wanted a cheap 3rd car to go off-roading and camping. I was so impressed with our Elantra that I decided to look at Sportages and Tucsons. I found that Sportages were listed cheaper, so I tested one. I actually really loved so much about it and so did my wife so we got it for such a good deal. It has so many features for a 2005! We took it up the mountain in 4 inches of fresh snow and it never slipped once--even going up steep hills. It easily tackled rocky and bumpy steep hills, too. I am more than impressed and cannot wait to go camping in the next few months. It has 125,000 miles on it and runs so smooth!
Favorite Features
Everything. I do have to say, I love that KIA took advantage of the little things, too. There are grocery bag holders in the back, storage compartments under the cargo area, and back seats that recline to a perfect position.
Suggested Improvements
As I stated before, for a 2005 I am beyond impressed. Front, side, curtain airbags, stability control, and traction control all standard?! My 2012 Mustang doesn't even have curtain airbags. I would only suggest maybe that they should have made it a 5 speed auto, or at least made the 5 speed manual available with the V6 AWD--then I would have been 100% in heaven. Overall though, I see very little that needs improvement.