Love it!
By Chris on
2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
I traded in my Chrysler 300C (yes, the Hemi) for my Sportage because I wanted to pay less money and needed a car that conquers Cleveland's snowy winters. I knew I would be tacking on some negative equity but received minimal with the Kia. Almost bought a new, unsold 2004 4X4 Hyundai Sante FE, but it had this subtle whistling whine at highway speeds. I LOVE my Kia! It drives like a car, the stereo is fantastic, the wind noise is mininmal with the sunroof open and it accelerates quickly and very smooth (apples & oranges comparing acceleration with my Hemi). I can't wait to drive the AWD in the snow with confidence. The rear seats fold flat and the rear legroom is very generous.
Favorite Features
The color is Smokey Brown and doesn't show any dirt-unlike my dark blue Chrysler which was always dirty. The warranty rocks! The AC practically blows you out the back window! Drives like a compact car with a smooth ride and peppy acceleration. 4X4 for the snow. The stereo rocks! Love this car!
Suggested Improvements
Door locks that automatically lock during movement. Better gas mileage- ave 18mpg. Compass. Hard to get pass the name Kia-everybody thinks you bought crap, until they see the car.