2005 Kia Sportage 2.7L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - looking for something else

2005 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

EX 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

looking for something else
By angryKowner on

2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

At first I loved it, despite the fact that at the dealer when I had to take it back for a missing cup holder and a wash that didn't happen. It was dry wiped but once I got home and decided to wash it myself I saw why, they had ran into something, a dent and some scratches with yellow paint was on it. But I let it go, it had been christened. Not even 2 years old yet and has been towed twice during this winter weather. First they said it was frozen and or flooded. Second time they did a fuel induction ($171.00 out of pocket) thinking that was the cause of it not wanting to start...not. The next time it didn't start I used a blanket to cover the engine over night, it started! Silly but true.

Favorite Features

It has diminished to just the head and leg room and the cd player sound. I had planned on taking a long drive to Georgia when I thought it handled well and would be dependable. Now I wouldn't dare go 40 miles away from home in it. So much for my anniversary gift. My 1996 Toyota is more dependable.

Suggested Improvements

At this point I would have to say they need to go back to the drawing board and revamp the engine. Last year was a mild winter and it ran ok, this winter it would not start on the cold days and it had nothing to do with the battery or the hazardous material they said was in the fuel line.