2005 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: I was surprised!

2005 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I was surprised!
By Ann on

2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research and comparison shopping before buying my KIA Sportage EX w/ leather package. My gut wanted to get a Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4 for the obvious reasons, but neither had the features, ride, price, or warranty that won me over with the Sportage. I also live in the city and for practical reasons a hatchback was a MUST for me - not a side opening trunk. I almost bought the Hyundai Tucson (identical to the Sportage), but just prefered some of the slight styling & gadgets in the Sportage better (ie. different trunk covers). So far it has lived up to my expectations. Definitely has the best features and warranty for the best price.

I can fit into ANY parking space, hatchback, all seats fold down flat w/o having to take the headrests off, lots of cargo space, V6, very spacious even in backseat, ALL the safety features, interior feels luxurious, 5YR bumper- bumper, 5YR roadside, 10YR powertrain warranty. EX features are worth it.

V6 is good but could use even more pep. I'm getting 18-19 city and 23-25 hwy. With gas $$ these days fuel economy can always be better. I'd like to see a hybrid.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review