I was surprised!
By Ann on
2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
I did a lot of research and comparison shopping before buying my KIA Sportage EX w/ leather package. My gut wanted to get a Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4 for the obvious reasons, but neither had the features, ride, price, or warranty that won me over with the Sportage. I also live in the city and for practical reasons a hatchback was a MUST for me - not a side opening trunk. I almost bought the Hyundai Tucson (identical to the Sportage), but just prefered some of the slight styling & gadgets in the Sportage better (ie. different trunk covers). So far it has lived up to my expectations. Definitely has the best features and warranty for the best price.
Favorite Features
I can fit into ANY parking space, hatchback, all seats fold down flat w/o having to take the headrests off, lots of cargo space, V6, very spacious even in backseat, ALL the safety features, interior feels luxurious, 5YR bumper- bumper, 5YR roadside, 10YR powertrain warranty. EX features are worth it.
Suggested Improvements
V6 is good but could use even more pep. I'm getting 18-19 city and 23-25 hwy. With gas $$ these days fuel economy can always be better. I'd like to see a hybrid.