2005 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: Great Car

2005 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great Car
By Chris on

2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my Chrysler 300C for this SUV because I bought a house and wanted cheaper payments. This car is outstanding. Rides like a car (smooth), decent power and looks great. The fit & finish is excellent, AC is powerful and the radio rocks! I think it looks better than it's sister...the Hyundai Tuscon. The only negative is it's name...Kia. I really like this car and the pro reviews have been positive. Only time will tell if the reliabilty is there...the warranty is great and I purchased an extended warranty as well. The car has a fair amount of understeer so zipping in and out of traffic at 80 mph when I'm late for work is a little nerve wracking. I can't wait for snow.

Favorite Features

Styling, climate control, stereo, sunroof, all wheel drive. Great car ride for an SUV. Has all wheel drive. Excellent fit & finish. Long warranty. Inexpensive. Engine doesn't sound like it's going to explode when you punch it.

Suggested Improvements

Moderate understeer. The name Kia symbolizes cheap Korean car at this time. Hopefully this SUV will change the reputation.