2005 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: Excellent Overall Package

2005 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Review

Excellent Overall Package
By RandM on

2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Finally it arrived, and just in time for my wife and I to trade our ailing Passat in for such a fantastic vehicle. If you look at the interior fit and finish alone, you'll be astounded like we were. The performance is great, the ride is awesome and the look (and ride) is much better than its cousin Tucson (by Hyundai). What makes my wife and I smile is that we get a bigger vehicle, with better saftey features, better warranty and V6 power at a price that was less than our 5-speed 1999 Passat. No wonder these are selling so fast! You really need to check em out, there are features galore (including adjustable height on center armrest, shopping bag hooks, MP3 player). Great Job Kia!!!

Color (olive green, tan interior), style, ride - not as soft as the Tucson, alloy wheels, 4-wheel disc brakes, ABS 'n TCS 'n ESP, alarm, multiple airbags -- all equals low insurance rating too!. Even the fog lights are cool looking!

More power would be nice, but it's not necessary. Would like to have a standard change tray that pulls out of the lower left side of dash (like the standard one in a Hyundai Elantra) near the drivers left knee. This is a real handy feature.