Double take on the New 2005 Sportage!!
By Renee on
2005 Kia Sportage LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
When I first saw the '05 Sportage, I was really impressed and didn't really think it was even a Sportage! The new design has certainly improved in looks and space since previous models. After my test drive, I purchased the 6 Cylinder Ex in Jade Green. I was really impressed by the size and standard saftey features, not to mention the warranty. The interior is very spacious, and the rear occupants have decent leg room. The ride seems very car like, smooth and not jittery. I like the privacy windows (no need to have the vehicle windows tinted). The covered storage tray above the spare tire is nice to stow items securely and out of view. I really am enjoying and driving my new Kia Sportage!
Favorite Features
I like the dual exhaust - looks sporty! Especially like the standard safety features: stability, traction control, abs, side curtain airbags in front and rear. The 100,000 mile warranty is also great. The car like ride is much appreciatated and rides smooth.
Suggested Improvements
I think mud flaps would be nice. I would like better fuel economy, I'm getting 25 mpg - wish it were more!!! I guess the mpg is about average with other competitors in this class...