2005 Kia Sportage 2.7L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Better than expected

2005 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

EX 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Better than expected
By KiaOwner on

2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We've had the car about 4 months and 6,000 miles now and have been very pleased with it. Other than a recall on the gas tank, we've no problems with it. The dealership was very unhelpful right from the purchase, but the payoff has been a great vehicle for relatively little cost. We looked at all of the small SUVs and this one was by far the most comfortable and well assembled. It's small enough to move around easily but big enough to throw a bunch of groceries in back and carry 5 people comfortably. It's quiet -- much more so than any car I've owned before. For the money, I couldn't be more pleased with it. I like it much better than my sister-in-law's CRV!

Favorite Features

We opted for the luxury package and in the winter, I'm sure we'll love the heated seats. My wife likes the stereo with sub woofer. I like the overall layout of the dash. HomeLink is a nice feature. Seats are very comfortable. Reclining and fold flat rear seats

Suggested Improvements

Luxury package should have power seats, auto climate control, steering wheel radio controls, outside thermometer and a compass. At 6', I could use a little more room. Also, it needs either more power or better gas mileage. We've been getting only 18 in mixed driving.