2005 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
2005 Sportage - Love It!
By J. Cannon on 09/16/05 09:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this as our main family car & just happened to look at the Kia's. We were also looking at Vues, RAV4s, and CR-Vs. The Kia provided the best interior space & features that we enjoyed. Our 2 kids have plenty of room. The drive is comfortable & the car feels almost indestructible ... try it, open the door and slam it! It sounds solid! The Sportage provides all the creature comforts we want but still feels a bit rigid (which we like). We currentlyget 27 mpg on highway & 23 on city, not too bad. For a small SUV it does fine in mpg. We definitely do not regret getting the Sportage. The price was great & the quality was better than the others. The standard features are perfect.

Love my Sportage
By LoriMc on 09/07/05 18:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just the right size for a 5' lady who needs to see where she is going. Perfect for our small family of three.

Love My Sportage
By Gail Merritt on 08/30/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned a Sportage since 1998. I loved my first one but my new Sportage is way beyond comparison. The ride is smooth, the exterior is beautiful. I wanted something that didn't look like you were driving a box around and I found it in the new Sportage; it's classy looking yet sporty. This car is even approved by my teenage grandson. The performance of the car is more that I expected and so far I haven't found anything that I dislike about it. You've got a hit in this one!

Better than expected
By KiaOwner on 08/26/05 22:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We've had the car about 4 months and 6,000 miles now and have been very pleased with it. Other than a recall on the gas tank, we've no problems with it. The dealership was very unhelpful right from the purchase, but the payoff has been a great vehicle for relatively little cost. We looked at all of the small SUVs and this one was by far the most comfortable and well assembled. It's small enough to move around easily but big enough to throw a bunch of groceries in back and carry 5 people comfortably. It's quiet -- much more so than any car I've owned before. For the money, I couldn't be more pleased with it. I like it much better than my sister-in-law's CRV!

Absolutely excellent vehicle!
By Bob Peck on 08/21/05 22:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my Sportage. Drove it to the Grand Canyon recently where it delivered good power, quiet and pleasant ride and decent fuel economy (27 MPG). Mine is the luxury edition with leather, great radio with 6 deck CD and excellent dash set up. Interior is very flexible and accommodating -- all for $20,000 with the 10 year warranty.

First SUV
By bstarrb80 on 08/20/05 20:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I always considered myself a sedan girl and the first time I test drove the new Sportage I was in love. It actually handles better than my car which was a 2002 Saturn L200. The gas mileage could be a little better.

Fun lovin SUV
By Mike on 08/20/05 17:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 05 Sportage EX about a month ago and it is great. Yeah, the mileage is little to be desired, but gets a little better with time. I did do some modifications, like a new exhaust system and K&N filter, and that made a huge difference in the performance and a few extra miles in mileage as well. I love that the rear seats recline back a bit for long trips. If you are thinking of buying a small SUV, I definitely suggest you go look and drive one. I used Costco to purchase mine and saved a few bucks, but most of all, I didn't have to haggle over the price. I got mine for right at $20,000 (with cloth seats). Kia has come a long way and really improved on their vehicles.

So far So Good
By rosanne on 08/20/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I took a chance and purchased this small SUV for the warranty. So far the SUV drives well, is spacious and has been reliable. My children have plenty of room away from one another and love that they have their own space in the back. They also like that the back seats lay back when they are ready for a nap. I have no complaints so far.

Absolutely Awesome!
By SparkerT on 08/14/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great style; smooth ride; roomy functional interior; excellent value. I highly recommend the Sportage for anyone in the market for a compact SUV. It's a great value and some real competition for its Japanese competitor SUVs which cost thousands of dollars more. Kia has a hit here!

Bought A Beauty At a Bargain Price
By Albert J Gonzales on 08/11/05 02:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Having owned a 1998 Spotage I was anxious to get my hands on the new and improved model for 2005. It is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I get plenty of looks and questions about it. It has plenty of power for my needs, which includes many long hills to climb, with camping gear.