2005 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
well liked
By cdimmitt on 01/25/06 16:02 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third Kia I have owned, and feel they have come along way since the old style of Sportage. I've had both. This one is by far better than the old style. My boyfriend owns the Sorento and a friend bought a Sportage because she liked our cars so much.

Great car for the money
By LXFwd4drSUV(2.0L4cyl on 01/25/06 15:09 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very inexpensive "Volvo" looking car that comes with comfortable seats and plenty of room for driver and guests.

LOVE OUR SPORTAGE!
By Helen on 01/19/06 21:39 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wow! We love it! We test drove & purchased after driving comparable SUV's in the smaller but updated category. We also own a 2004 Kia Sedona & love the van after 2 Dodge Caravans. The worst vans we ever owned as I have heard from many! Look at JD Powers reviews. We look forward to many years with our "KIA Family. My extended family has also purchased a Kia Sedona & a Kia Sportage.

Great for City, No Gas Saver When Traveling
By Dieguex on 11/22/05 18:07 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 5 speed manual model because most of the time I am driving in the city, great performance, handling, brakes etc. But when traveling the gas economy is very low, especially if you go between 55-80MPH, because the 5 speed is too short, the engine runs at 4K RPM when you are around 75 mph. That means no more than 24 MPG, same at the city. The rest is great.

No more sports cars
By JA Lewallen on 11/09/05 02:25 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Since I have always driven sports cars, this was a drastic change for me! But definitely a change for the better. I really liked the looks of the ones I saw on the street, so decided to drive one. I couldn't believe the comfort and the smooth ride. It handled like a dream.Getting in and out is a breeze and now I actually have room for groceries!

Drive at highway sppeds before you buy!
By Sierra Vista on 11/06/05 20:52 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After the purchase, I took a drive to Tucson, and what a disappointment, the steering wheel vibrated over 70 mph. This broke my heart. Since then I have had the tires replaced three times $300.00 out of my pocket, had the wheels balanced 6 times and been back to the dealer four times. The dealer shop foreman indicated this was a driving characteristic. I do not think so. Now I am working with KIA Consumer Assistance and they have done nothing but given me a hard time. Buyers beware.

Bought 2, Both working out great!
By Tom on 10/29/05 20:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We traded an Acura MDX and a Ford Focus to get one Sportage for my wife and a second for my daughter. So far, they are great vehicles and a really good value. They drive well, have great safety features and feel solid. Since they are a first year model, only time will tell on reliability. So far, no complaints at all.

Good town car
By Cindy on 10/10/05 21:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Sportage makes a GREAT car to drive around town. It also is fun to drive on the freeway but does lack some power when you have big hills. All around it is a great family car.

I'm Amazed
By Iceman8147 on 10/09/05 20:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Having owned (2) 2002 2 Door Sportages (which we both loved dearly), I am amazed at the improvements for the 2005 model year. This one is for my wife and she loves it even more than the 2002. The fit, finish, and standard features are unbelievable. The vehicle is a joy.

A great SUV
By KiaGene on 09/17/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Sportage is a great small SUV. The 4 cylinder engine has more power than I expected and the fuel mileage is great. The included features that you don't have to pay extra for are worth it also.