Used 2005 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

great car!
By marco

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best small SUV in terms of quality/price rapport. It's very silent and offers a smooth ride. It's also stylish. It's not a sport car and it is perfect for a small family. My biggest complain is about fuel economy. I measure gas consumption many times and in the city the car gives 16 mpg, although in the highway it is just fine: 27 mpg.

Buy a Sportage - you wiill love it!!
By Patti

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have had my Sportage from new for 2.5 years - now at 75,000 km. Best vehicle I've owned. Absolutely no problems whatsoever - not even brakes! Other than regular oil changes have not had any issues at all. Warranty is great too! V6 is very peppy.

Ability to turn 4wd on and off; fold down back seats; leather interior; look of rear end

Seatbelts lock when touching brakes - makes it impossible to check blind spots. Have almost got into accidents due to this. Bumpers need to be a little sturdier - lightly touched a snow bank which resulted in a huge dent. Need headlights to come on automatically. Back wiper blade doesn't last long.

Still pleased two years later
By Albet

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied with this generation of the Sportage. Outstanding safety features, comfortable and reliable. Tremendous on an off-surface. Although I was going to have my teenage son drive my older American sedan, I've become more comfortable with him driving the Kia. Now if they would only come up with a hybrid version.

Safety features, all wheel drive, versatile interior, reasonable fuel economy compared to some other cargo haulers, excellent sound system.

None - I'm very pleased with the overall package.

Mileage disaster
By imtoad

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this car except for the mileage. It is rated 19 mpg city but despite the fact that I am very rarely ever stuck in traffic, I rarely average over 14.2 mpg.

Flat folding seats.

Better mileage.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
By TIM

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Gets 21 miles to the gallon. Stalls at stops/near stops. Have taken it in 2 times to be fixed, and they are unable to do anything about. Have had numerous other problems in the past 1.8 years. Generally, a poorly made vehicle. Am now getting rid of it.