2005 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: 2005 Kia Sportage

2005 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

2005 Kia Sportage
By Mark Dearborn on

2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

If you are looking for an affordable, spacious, fuel efficient and fun to drive SUV, the Sportage is the one. We were looking for more room yet not a SUV that would take up two parking spots. We got the 6 cylinder ( a must) completely loaded with all options (leather, 6 cd, amp, subwoofer, sunroof etc) except 4WD for less than 22K. It sits up high enough for the feel of a SUV yet drives like a car. The 100,000 mile limited warranty is a plus. My wife loves this vehicle as everyday transportation to and back from work.

The room! I am 6' tall and can put the front seat all the way back to give myself plenty of room. I can then sit directly behind that seat and still have plenty of room in the back seat. The back seats recline as well. Living in Texas, the a/c must perform and this one is outstanding.

We have owned this vehicle for only two months. It could have a bit more power for my taste yet my wife finds that it has plenty. I most likely wouldn't sacrifice the great mileage for the extra power though.