2005 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
My Kia
By Pat on 03/14/09 08:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed and inexpensive vehicle quickly. I was plesantly surprised with my Sportage. I get about 20 MPG with the six cylinder engine.

Tire Issue
By eve on 02/13/09 10:43 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love most everything about the car except having to change the tires so often. Have 112K on it and have changed out 4 sets. Redid struts & still going through tires.

Glad I bought Kia
By maryt on 12/14/08 02:17 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Sportage 3 years and really love it. Handles well, carries everything I need. I downsized from a Blazer and could not be happier. The few times I have had to have it serviced have been good experiences.

Love this little SUV!
By Jaxnurse on 11/21/08 19:38 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this only a week ago for my teenage daughter, but have driven it enough to say that I absolutely love it. It's fun to drive, very perky for a 4 cyl. It's a basic model, so had a keyless remote installed for $100, but that's OK. I don't miss the bells and whistles at all, as it's got all you need. The stereo is nice, the AC kicks, the steering is tight and it brakes on a dime. I feel this car is save for my daughter, and that says a lot. I'm thinking of buying one for myself next year when I get rid of my Nissan!

great car
By gg on 08/26/08 15:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased it new. Have had 3 years. No problems! I even tow motorcycle with it. Love it!

great car!
By marco on 05/25/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best small SUV in terms of quality/price rapport. It's very silent and offers a smooth ride. It's also stylish. It's not a sport car and it is perfect for a small family. My biggest complain is about fuel economy. I measure gas consumption many times and in the city the car gives 16 mpg, although in the highway it is just fine: 27 mpg.

Buy a Sportage - you wiill love it!!
By Patti on 10/09/07 13:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have had my Sportage from new for 2.5 years - now at 75,000 km. Best vehicle I've owned. Absolutely no problems whatsoever - not even brakes! Other than regular oil changes have not had any issues at all. Warranty is great too! V6 is very peppy.

Still pleased two years later
By Albet on 07/06/07 17:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied with this generation of the Sportage. Outstanding safety features, comfortable and reliable. Tremendous on an off-surface. Although I was going to have my teenage son drive my older American sedan, I've become more comfortable with him driving the Kia. Now if they would only come up with a hybrid version.

Mileage disaster
By imtoad on 05/18/07 11:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this car except for the mileage. It is rated 19 mpg city but despite the fact that I am very rarely ever stuck in traffic, I rarely average over 14.2 mpg.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
By TIM on 03/23/07 10:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Gets 21 miles to the gallon. Stalls at stops/near stops. Have taken it in 2 times to be fixed, and they are unable to do anything about. Have had numerous other problems in the past 1.8 years. Generally, a poorly made vehicle. Am now getting rid of it.