Love my Kia, a real trooper!!!
By rrman79 on
2002 Kia Sportage 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have a convertable 2002 Kia Sportage, I love this car and I am sad to say in a few weeks I will be selling it to a buddy at work. My Sportage has 119,000 miles on it now, I bought it with 9,000! So far I have had to replace the roof (vinyl top) that was because for the first 4 years of ownership I did not have a garage!! The air-conditioner compressor locked up at about 60,000, but being a convertable, why do you need A/C? The 4 wheel drive went out about the same time, somthing about the seals rotting?? And just recently had the Master Brake Cylinder replaced. You might say, how can this guy still love this car?? I have had it for 8 years now, and it never quit on me!! A faithful friend
Favorite Features
Strong frame!! I broadsided a car full speed, all the damage it did was knock the bumper off!! This car took a good hit, hard enough to knock the other vehicle's tire in sideways! The good thing was nobody got hurt! The trunk room was also a great thing, I hauled a lawn-mower and snow blower all over town. This is by-far the best car I have ever owned, I now have a Rondo, Kia is a great car company. Despite the small repairs I had to make, this car has held up so well. I work on the Railroad, and drive this car all over bad conditions, and it has held up like a champ, I am gonna miss the Purple Monster!!!
Suggested Improvements
I wish they would put the clock in a better place, if you had any drinks in the cup holders you could not see the clock. The belt also made a fair amount of noise in idle, not so much to be overbearing, but still a little annoying. Changing the oil was a little tough, wish the filter could be in another place, but after awhile, it was just a whole lot easier to take it in to a oil-change garage, and have them do it.