2002 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Kia Sportage
By Mac Daddy on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Sportage 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car

Do not waste your MONEY
By I hate this SUV on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Sportage 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has nothing but problems. I have been to the repair shop at least 12 times with a stack of repair slips all for different problems. Unfortunatly the vehicle does't fall under the lemon law, so I can't get rid of it. Some probles were: Twice the starter went out, Twice the window mechanism broke. There was 3 recalls with the vehicle. Some problem with the engine that was not explained to me very well, but it could have caused a very bad accident according to the technicians. I know that all there vehicles are not like this but, you should consider money and saftey. Two of which Kia does't.

pathetic suv
By worst car eva on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Kia Sportage 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst vechicle ever, i have spent more time in the shop with minor to severe repairs in the past year than i have actually driving the vechicle. Please be fore warned and do not buy a Kia. I had the rear tailgate hinges break off on me at the airport with no warning. Within the first week the center console was broken, the glove box lock never worked from the factory. The muffler system iis always rattling. The transmission has had leaks, the radiator fan broke off the radiator was leaking. I have changed my oil exactly every 3,000 miles and this vechile was just a bad choice.

My New Kia Sportage
By shawn n on 03/14/02 12:28 PM (PST)

2002 Kia Sportage 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my new Kia Sportage for almost 6 months. I have had no trouble. The performance is slow but who buys a compact SUV for a day at the races. The little Sportage does get blown around a bit on the highway. But its a very nice basic SUV. I still reccomend it. I am glad I bought it.

user friendly
By oh ya on 03/12/02 19:14 PM (PST)

2002 Kia Sportage 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

the kia is an affordable and economicly sound purchase. It could use some more horses under the hood, but for the price its worth it. Powerful when in four wheel drive, still limited to slow accelaration.