2002 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
LOVE MY SPORTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Bob Hoskins on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Kia Sportage SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE THIS CAR, ITS FUN, SPORTY AND EVERYTHING I EXPECTED...ALSO SAVED OVER 3000 FROM THE RAV4

Lots of Fun
By llpacal on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Kia Sportage SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had a couple of problems at the beginning that were fixed not enthusiastically yet the car is rock solid and super fun to drive. The seating position is fantastic and very cofortable.The engine is very peppy and the ride is firm but verry grippy.I now know that most people use this format to complain which I think is legitamate,but your normal satisfied consumer will never take the time to write a review.

Good Truck!
By sportage1 on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Kia Sportage SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Sportage EX very much. It has proven to be much more reliable than my '94 version.

I like it but.......
By Irishgirl on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Kia Sportage SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I do like my Kia, but i have had a few problems, my rear window would not go up or down, every time i shut the trunk door the panel would fall off, a part was missing, both were repaired by dealer. I am hoping i made the right choice in purchasing my kia, time will tell.

For the money, its a steal
By Carl from Montana on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Kia Sportage SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Mine has 22000 miles in first six months. Several trips of 5,000 miles virtually non-stop DC to MT. Offroad driving in snow in Rockies(it's rocky, not muddy). Mountains, switchbacks....The car is a steal. 24mpg. Holds 70+ mph on long grades. Could use more power but not much more. Light, so wind buffet an issue on windy days. Noise an issue-- almost as noisy as a Jeep Wrangler softtop. But a most competent performer and a steal for the price. (14,000+)

Good for the money
By Runner on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Small with a good Mazda engine goes off road with a 4x4 chassis

save your money
By worstchoiceevermade on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Kia Sportage SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

this car sucks! it stays in the shop. 2 wks after i got it the window switch broke, the interior seat covers had to be replaced...the belts gave out..the brakes messed up, the air went out and now the windows don't work at all...no wonder they come w/that long warrenty..you'll need it. how can i get rid of this piece of junk???

Scammed
By cheated by dealer on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Sportage SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible quality. Windows wouldn't go up, driver's seat not bolted securely, cup holder broke, dome light burnt out twice in 6 months. The scotch-guard on the seats didn't work, stains on them and there are parts already rusted! Cheap vehicle and now the dealer won't standy by it indicating I "only" bought a $20k vehicle and not to expect much. Getting rid of vehicle within 1st year and taking huge loss, worth only 1/2 of its value & will have to add remainder on new car loan.

Cheap, Plastic Headache
By ssinec on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Sportage SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 2002 Sportage for about 6 months now and have about 9000 miles on it and its already falling apart. I had to have the rear door and lock assemply repaired, which have never worked properly. I've had the front windshield replaced, which split down the middle. The front bumper has come unattached on the driver side due to cheap plastic screws that held it in place. The cup holder has broken. The passenger window will not go all the way up. Take my advice, do not buy this SUV! Its just a cheap, plastic headache with a cheap paint job and poor construction.

OK so far...some minor issues
By Robert R on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Sportage SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased for 16.5K (has everything but 4WD and leather)after taxes with trade in. Took delivery in July, 02 and had a paint scratch on rear door, a scratch on instument panel plastic covering and my headlights would not come on. Have had everything repaired but the instument panel. The paint has also chipped in bottom door molding. I will get Kia to fix.