2001 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Transmission Sensor
By bill on 04/08/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sportage 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the perfect vehicle for the city inwhich I reside, narrow streets and no relative high speed areas. However my Sportage has the power to move out on the highway when necessary. A fun vehicle to drive. I love it! Too bad you guys stopped making this model. I do like the new Sportage SUV, but my 2001 Kia fits the bill!! I would have bought one of these new had I known about the vehicle at that time.

Little Red Wagon Convertible
By Shammy from AZ on 12/29/05 16:50 PM (PST)

2001 Kia Sportage 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have a Red 2001 2 door automatic Sportage with 2WD. I bought it used and love it! The truck is reliable. I drive 80 miles a day. A blast with the rear top removed. The seats are comfortable and you have a good view of the road ahead. The 2.0 Mazda engine runs strong and the acceleration is fast enough to pass traffic. The 4 speed automatic shifts smooth except when the truck is cold ... then it locks out overdrive until warm. Does ride like a truck but that is expected. The frame is tough as I live on a dirt road with lots of ruts and bumps. With the exception of squeaks and rattles this truck is holding up very well. The previous owner maintained it well. Hoping to get many miles out of her.

The half a truck
By Fnkycld on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sportage 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My experiences are great with my vehicle. Don't have any major complains, you just can't get a perfect vehicle. You would want features from all vehicle if it could possably be done.

Itiswhatitis
By Getaclue on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sportage 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy my sportage convertible! Did any of you that complain think you were buying an M Class or BMW SUV? For the money and considering the warranty it's a solid value. Needed more power and the cup holders suck, but it looks like nothing else out there when the top is down and zips around town very well.The new generation Kias are much better, so I guess we're...pioneers!

God Love this Car...
By hildymac on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sportage 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

... because I can't. Been in the shop over 20 times, the first time being 2 months after I got it for a leaky fuel line. Fan belts make it sound like a Singer Sewing Mach... and they can't EVER seem to fix them. Biggest POS ever. I'm trading it in on a MINI when I graduate.

Problem Child
By hyundai_91 on 02/27/02 18:26 PM (PST)

Purchased a Sportage new, 10 Service calls in the first 6 months of ownership