Over 200k!
By nobother on
2000 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD
I purchased mine used 6 years ago to get me through the snowy mountains of Virginia, and it has never let me down. I drive it about 3500 miles per month and so far these are the only repairs: brakes, tires, 02 sensor (at 150k miles), batteries (gone through several of these), power window switch. Cloth seats feel cheap, but otherwise the interior is well planned and accessories are convenient. Exterior, for me, is pretty rough--it sort of looks like a beefy go-cart. I would recommend one for a new driver who will have to deal with inclement weather conditions. Easy to maneuver in snow/rain, easy to park, and there is plenty of glass all the way around so drivers can see surroundings
Favorite Features
Extremely reliable. Incredible use of interior space (plenty of room for a family and large dog). On the fly 4wd, very good ground clearance for snow and obstacles, and all the glass makes it very easy to parallel park.
Suggested Improvements
NA. But for prospective used buyers: Engine is reliable but weak under load (you won't make a lot of passes on the interstate if you're full with passengers, or if they AC is on). You can't pull much more than a teardrop trailer with it.