1999 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: Never own a KIA EVER EVER EVER

1999 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Never own a KIA EVER EVER EVER
By gin9 on

1999 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV

My 1999 Kia Sportage hasn't been anything except a total hassle since I bought it used 2 years ago. In the 2 years Ive owned the vehicle Ive had in out of the shop maybe 6 months the whole time. I just had a total overhaul done on it. They rebuilt the engine a new heater core break work YOU NAME IT and it has been done. The mechanic calls me today and tell me that its STILL sputtering and if its to the fuel pump then I am back to square one with this worthless vehicle. Ive put 5 grand into this car hoping everytime I WILL B REPAIRED and its yet to run correctly. I don't know when I will get it back on the roads if EVER.

I have no favorite features about this car except the great gas mileage it got BEFORE it died on me....
By josuna
on 04/15/13 19:04 PM (PDT)

sorry to hear you are having problems with your kia, but I beg to di ffer. I havea1999 kia sportage ,and it's the best car i have ever owned . I have owned most makes of cars; chevies, fords , dodges, volkswagons and they don't compare to my kia. i bought my kia with 16000 miles on it. It now has 207000 miles on it. In the time that I have owned it I have put approx. $900 into including tires. Believe it or not I have changed the oil and filter 4 times, and 1 timing belt.I repeat the best car i have ever had.