Haven't had it long...
By SSMtn Biker on
1999 Kia Sportage 2dr SUV 4WD
...but as a gift from my Dad when our second car let loose,the price was definately right. My Dad had it for 3 years (he was the 2nd owner),and used it only in bad weather to go to work,and to tote his garbage trailer around his 47 acres). It will need a top (I found hardtops online for under a grand shipped),there is a crack (that apparently doesn't hurt anything) in the exhaust manifold-making it sound like a "tin-lizzy"-and it has some rust issues (left fender,gas tank,and 2 larger holes in rear fender-wells I'll have to patch),but it has proven reliable for him,and so far has for me. They really hurts acceleration,but it fits 31x10.50" tires w/out mods...I like it so far,cheap&fun :)
Favorite Features
Exterior styling,fits 31x10.50" tires without mods,compact size,4x4,good MPG's,not very many like it around.
Suggested Improvements
Hmm...there's no way to lock the rear end,due to the top's mounting arrangement,and it feels a little...flimsy...compared to more robust sport-utes I've owned. Bring this body style (2 door soft top,short wheel base) back,and I would be intersted in the new gen Sportage :)