1999 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
I do not like it.
By Fire Figher Sean on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD

My vehicle has had many problems. (ex:the front brake system has needed replaced 2 times, electrical problems, body molding fell off several times, the rear suspetion needed replaced at 20,000mi, the clutch has needed replaced/ repaired 3 times) and there is much more. The vehicle is fun to drive when it is working, and is gret in the snow. It also is noisy, and has many rattles, and other engine noises not usually heard in other vehicles. Last of all you can't sell them the after market value of a Kia is extremely low.

tough little suv
By lewy on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD

It amazed me...I towed a 5x8 U-Haul from Minnesota to Seattle with no problems and no unexpected decrease in power going thru. the mountians.

KIA FUN
By kennygrmi on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV

I just purchased my Kia and it has 92000 miles. it looks nice and ride smooth, a little loud, but For the money and room. I love this vehicle!@

just bought used
By looknatu007 on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV

so far I really like my sportage. I bought it used, and I havent had any problems yet. It is sporty, and fun to drive.

long term test
By freewheelinfranklin on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had a few problems that were covered under warranty but none in the last 20,000 miles. I never skimp on routine maintenance. I replaced the original Kumho tires at about 55,000 with Hankook. Overall cost per mile is pleasantly low and the interior is well laid out and comfortable, if a little cheap. I wish it were quieter and had a better paint job.

My Sportage was a good little deal
By agapetou on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV

I leased mine. And now that it is over I am planning on buying it. It did exactly what it was suppose to for its engine and vehicle size. We live in the midwest and the weather can be extreme in all seasons. The 4x4 option really aided our travel in the winter. The only trouble I had was with the heat shield and tape deck. They had to be fixed several times, which can be a headache. But they fixed it.

Kia EX 4dr 4 wheel drive
By ggivensjr on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD

We have enjoyed owning this vehicle. We also have enjoyed our relationship with the dealership. We purchased the vehicle with 10K miles. It had been a fleet car but we still received the new car warranty. No major mechanical problems with the vehicle other than the transmission recall and rear door release recall which our dealer repaired promptly. If you want an automobile ride don't purchase this vehicle because in the city it rides more like a truck. On interstate it rides smoothly. When the engine is cold and I accelerate the eng/trans has a tendancy to bog down. I don't know if it comes with a motorized sun/moonroof but I wish we had one.