Used 1999 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

1999 kia sportage
By mike6801

1999 Kia Sportage SUV 2dr SUV

I just had to post this to you people who are unfortunate enough to own a 99" kia you more than likely having problems. If your car is loosing power giving different codes one thing that really should be replaced is the throttle position sensor it for some odd reason this was never a code after replacing aic,coils,plugs,batteries, and fuel pump with no changes and then by accident I bumped the tps and voila the kia is a new car to drive. Good luck

Never own a KIA EVER EVER EVER
By gin9

1999 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV

My 1999 Kia Sportage hasn't been anything except a total hassle since I bought it used 2 years ago. In the 2 years Ive owned the vehicle Ive had in out of the shop maybe 6 months the whole time. I just had a total overhaul done on it. They rebuilt the engine a new heater core break work YOU NAME IT and it has been done. The mechanic calls me today and tell me that its STILL sputtering and if its to the fuel pump then I am back to square one with this worthless vehicle. Ive put 5 grand into this car hoping everytime I WILL B REPAIRED and its yet to run correctly. I don't know when I will get it back on the roads if EVER.

I have no favorite features about this car except the great gas mileage it got BEFORE it died on me....

Owner of a GREAT Sportage!
By krystih1976

1999 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased my 99 Sportage used in 2005 with 83k miles. Over the past 7+ years of ownership, I can honestly say this - most reliable car I have EVER owned! Only had a few maintenance issues (timing belt @ 125k miles plus gaskets, wires, belts and tires) Today I have 220k miles and still going strong. I will not get rid of it, absolutely a good car/suv and will definitely buy another KIA!

Best First Car!
By tx_shorttcake

1999 Kia Sportage SUV 2dr SUV

I bought this car as my first car a little over three months ago. I am the third owner and two boys attending college had it before me. It is in good shape. I had to replace the brakes and front row seat-belts, but other than that it was in great condition. It had its rattles and noises, but for its age it is fairly quiet.

The seats. (I am a very small girl, 5'1, and in a lot of cars I couldn't see over the dash and/or reach the pedals, but in this car I could.

When the cup-holders are out you can't read the clock, so I would put the clock somewhere where you can read it and use the cup-holders.

99 Sportage
By 99 Sportage

1999 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle anticipating some repairs due to its age and miles. I did replace the front hubs with manual hubs which are easy to use. Also, replaced the cat converter. I am averaging 25 mpg but I don't speed. Drove through a few nasty snow storms and it did well. AC and heat work well but radio reception is poor. Easy to park and drive on narrow streets where I live. Gets better mileage than my friends AWD Subaru. Its price was lower than other small SUVs and I believe that I got my moneys worth.

Easy to park and drive, tape player still works well, spare tire easy to get to.

Better radio reception and needs cup holders in the back.