1998 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Great car
By jshak43 on 09/04/12 15:33 PM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV

We got this car when it was 2 years old and never had any major flaw. It runs as good now as it did brand new.

Not as many complaints
By SciGuy on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV

I have had my Sportage for 6 years now, and despite one problem in the first year that they had trouble pinning down, I have had no major issues with my SUV. KIA gave me an extended warranty after the initial problem. The car rides great and fuel economy is the same as similar models. The factory CD player has lots of great features, and interior is very comfortable and user friendly. The styling caught a lot of eyes and there was quite a bit of interest in the car when I first got it. Plenty of cargo room, and headroom.

By shala on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV

Lets say I could be rich, if it wasn't for taking in this piece of crap into the shop all the time. And all the different dealerships charging me different prices for the same work to be done on the kia. When it's not in the shop and up and working it runs ok, but I always worry if it will break on me again or will something go wrong again. It's was a good car when I was a teenager, but stink nows. And stucks in windy weather. Kia hates taking any responisblity for anything that goes wrong with this car.

TOO NOISY!
By KIaOWner on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV

I purchased my KIA recently from a private owner. Although it had 120000 miles on it i thought it would be a good investment. I spent 4000 dollars on it and i knwo i shoudn't complain but i mean the car makes too much noise. the engine is liek deteriorted and it has NO power. You have to floor the sucker to actually et you somewhere. Its Cute though for a teenager car but a bit embarassing when you drie by some where and every one looks at you casue your car makes funky noises. Unless you want a smooth ride, don't but a KIA SPORTAGE. . .sorry. . .

Kia Sportage
By kiadriver on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV

Depretiation is not one of the best parts of a Kia. However, I bought this car used, so I got it for a good price. You got a lot of room in it. I especially like the high sitting point, which gives you a very good overview of traffic.