1995 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Fun to drive
By frankie goff on 03/24/10 07:28 AM (PDT)

1995 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Kia sportage. It is fun to drive and I have put 21,000 miles on it in the last 11 months. It now has 157,000 miles on it and never had a minites trouble out of it. Signed Frankie Goff

What A Car!
By Cindy on 03/15/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

1995 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this car at 60,000 miles, worked on rural mail route for 2 years - can honestly say never had an bit of trouble except passenger power window doesn't work from that side, but from my side. A bit rusty, front bumper peeling (after wreck was repainted - poor job), had a serious head-on and I drove away, pick-up was totaled. I love this vehicle - now have 175,000 miles - gets 24 mpg on highway. Yes, my check engine light flickers on for no reason?, has lost some of it's power, I believe I could drive it another 50,000 miles! Will have to change ball joints by then. Maybe I've just been lucky!!!

The Best Kept Secret In Cars Today
By Brlt Houser on 06/15/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV 4WD

I don't know why I didn't hear of Kia as the alternative to the Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans for reliable gas- saving, economical cars, but I'm sure glad I found my Sportage. It's simple, never breaks down, comfortable for both my behind and my bank account. I got mine for $5500 with 100000 miles at the time a comparable Honda or Nissan would have cost me twice that.

Fun Versatile Runabout/SUV
By dirtroaddave on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV 4WD

Considering the low price I paid new for this vehicle it has been great value as well as comfortable convenient and fun to drive. I like the interior layout which is more like a car than a truck and the higher seat position is perfect for me not too high like many trucks or too low like all cars. It's ideal for a single person or couple plus gear to go and explore the great american west. Gets reasonable highway mileage but can go anywhere.

Fun little 4x4
By Israel on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV 4WD

Noisy but it's an SUV. It serves its purpose. It has plenty of torque for light off road fun.

Kia Crap 4x4
By Chipper on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have not had my Sprotage for very long, and hopefully I will be able to find someone dumb enough as I was to sell it to. It stalls out when at stoplights, transmission will not shift into high gear when cold, and the computer went out also. Save yourself a lot of trouble and do not by anything made by Kia.

owner
By PCoyle on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV 4WD

I found this sport utility to have better aceleration and quickness than the RAV and Honda Civic. A little trucky drive, but very good and economical.

Do not purchase this car
By Blaquekaat on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV 4WD

You couldnt pay me to take this car after the problems Ive been thru.

it's alright not so bad
By Genie on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

if running above 65 miles noisy.doesn't accelerate that quick