MY NEW "BABY"'S FIRST YEAR
By THEGOLDENKIA on
2009 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
This was my first ever new off the show room floor car. in years past I averaged only 9,000 miles a year driving. I've put over 15,000 on my Kia in its first year. the Mileage is great1 i'm getting from 28 to 30MPG combined city and freeway. I commute 15 miles each way to work, mostly freeway. good power, great profile in the looks dept. interior is well thought out and the engine compartment is not all crowded and packed. you can see where everything is! I will drive this car when I'm on call for work on the weekends rather than one of our beat up company vehicles.
Favorite Features
the in-dash CD player, the room for 5 adults, the fold down seats when I need to haul cargo. great for the urban home owner who needs that option but doesn't want a truck! the great gas mileage and power even with the automatic. The "Electric Orange" paint stands out!
Suggested Improvements
paint does seem to scratch somewhat easily. I've found that out when just loading my work gear into the passenger seat. but fortunately the dealer sells inexpensive touch up paint "pens" that do a fair job of covering the scratch.