The new hot hatch
By Robert E. Burton on
2009 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have personally been watching this car for 3 years. I'm glad I waited to buy after the 2008 model year. Kia has improved the styling tremendously by getting rid of a lot of the plastic skirting. This car has a clean appearance. The five spoke wheels are a plus over the old eight spoke alloys. This car is a hoot to drive, especially with the stick. The engine has good low end torque. Regardless of what you read or hear about this car, I say if you're interested go test drive one. Personally I see me driving this car for more than 100,000 miles.
Favorite Features
What can I say? At $19,445.50 out the door (MI sales tax 6%) and add all of the standard features that you pay extra for with every other manufacturer, you can't go wrong; four wheel disc brakes, all power features, side curtain air-bags, good sound system, the list goes on.
Suggested Improvements
I would say two things; better lighting and placement for the tachometer (it's hard to read sometimes) and add five lug wheels to this car like the Hyundai Elantra has. That way you would have a better selection of aftermarket wheels to choose from. Besides the 5 lugs look better.