2009 Kia Spectra Consumer Review: First new car ever, Spectra EX

2009 Kia Spectra - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

First new car ever, Spectra EX
By Trevor Totman on

2009 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had my Spectra for very long, but so far it has been the best car I've owned. It's quite zippy for a grocery getter,even with it being an automatic transmission. Stereo system(hey, I'm 24, this is important stuff!) is great. I love that I've got an auxillary jack and I love the hidden charger in the middle console. It helps keep wires out of the way, and you can set your MP3 player or iPod/iPhone inside to keep it from sliding all over the car. The DOHC is a nice touch, but I wish the fuel economy could be a hair better. All in all, a nice roomy car that is incredibly affordable and great for the post college kid or the starting family.

Stereo, great standard brakes(sorry haters, take care of your car or don't go to a shady dealer), great acceleration and wonderfully roomy with all sorts of nooks and crannies.

Antilock brakes should be standard, I suppose this doesn't matter anymore though. Better fuel economy