Used 2009 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2009 Kia Spectra Wagon

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

MY NEW "BABY"'S FIRST YEAR
By THEGOLDENKIA

2009 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first ever new off the show room floor car. in years past I averaged only 9,000 miles a year driving. I've put over 15,000 on my Kia in its first year. the Mileage is great1 i'm getting from 28 to 30MPG combined city and freeway. I commute 15 miles each way to work, mostly freeway. good power, great profile in the looks dept. interior is well thought out and the engine compartment is not all crowded and packed. you can see where everything is! I will drive this car when I'm on call for work on the weekends rather than one of our beat up company vehicles.

Favorite Features

the in-dash CD player, the room for 5 adults, the fold down seats when I need to haul cargo. great for the urban home owner who needs that option but doesn't want a truck! the great gas mileage and power even with the automatic. The "Electric Orange" paint stands out!

Suggested Improvements

paint does seem to scratch somewhat easily. I've found that out when just loading my work gear into the passenger seat. but fortunately the dealer sells inexpensive touch up paint "pens" that do a fair job of covering the scratch.

Get a fun car
By Jill

2009 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my first Kia. Usually as a workhorse we go with Hyundai (same company now) Love the Spectra5. The dealer was easy to work with, and after 40 years of buying cars, I had a good experience. I would recommend the buying experience alone, but the car also.

Favorite Features

Sporty looking, fun to drive, and doesn't cost an arm and leg

Suggested Improvements

Make a moon/sun roof standard

First but not last Kia
By NCjp

2009 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have waited to write this for a few months because everyone loves their new car in the first couple of weeks. Four months later still finding that I love to drive this car. The styling of the Spectra 5 sticks out from others. Very affordable to operate and the features for the money are great. Never looked at a KIA before this purchase but will look there first for the next one.

Favorite Features

Has space but looks sporty at the same time. All of the standard equipment, warranty and affordability.

Suggested Improvements

build more with sunroofs, hard to find.

The new hot hatch
By Robert E. Burton

2009 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have personally been watching this car for 3 years. I'm glad I waited to buy after the 2008 model year. Kia has improved the styling tremendously by getting rid of a lot of the plastic skirting. This car has a clean appearance. The five spoke wheels are a plus over the old eight spoke alloys. This car is a hoot to drive, especially with the stick. The engine has good low end torque. Regardless of what you read or hear about this car, I say if you're interested go test drive one. Personally I see me driving this car for more than 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

What can I say? At $19,445.50 out the door (MI sales tax 6%) and add all of the standard features that you pay extra for with every other manufacturer, you can't go wrong; four wheel disc brakes, all power features, side curtain air-bags, good sound system, the list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

I would say two things; better lighting and placement for the tachometer (it's hard to read sometimes) and add five lug wheels to this car like the Hyundai Elantra has. That way you would have a better selection of aftermarket wheels to choose from. Besides the 5 lugs look better.