2009 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Love the car
By puppywhipsers on 05/04/12 03:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Spectra 8 months ago with barely over 8,000 miles on it, I bought it because of the manual transmission and so far I love the car. The only trouble I have experienced is the cruise control won't always set, it goes to the dealership on Monday. Contrary to other reviews I get excellent mileage on my KIA. I commute 55 miles one way to work, I have gotten anywhere from 30-38 mpg depending on my driving habits (if you know what I am saying ;)). My in town mpg is even better, I regularly get 40+ mpg and have had as high as 52mpg in town. I recalculated 3x because I couldn't believe it! It's a great car and with the sunroof & factory rear spoiler and on it, it looks sporty too!

So Far So Good!
By MJ DeYoung on 02/15/10 14:55 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new last August, so this is its first winter. So far so good! Honestly, no complaints (-:

Don't Underestimate the KIA Spectra
By Tom R. on 11/03/09 19:40 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Having traded in a 2002 Hyundai Elantra for my KIA Spectra, I expected some close similarities in these Korean cousins. My expectations were pleasantly met in getting behind the wheel of this great little economy car. For my Cash-for-Clunkers allowance for a 1999 Isuzu Trooper and my Hyundai trade-in, I drove away in my KIA Spectra EX for $10,000, including tax, title and registration. I have enjoyed the KIA Spectra experience from the moment I pulled off the dealer's lot.

Glad I bought this car
By Makeda on 07/10/09 08:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my very first car and I know I made a great choice. It takes less than $25 to fill up my tank and I am good for the rest of the week. The interior is comfortable and I get compliments on the exterior. For a first car or something that in inexpensive and good to drive get this car. It is also roomy for my family of four.

Happy with Kia
By Rick on 07/01/09 14:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Looking for an inexpensive new car? Look no further. I just purchased the Spectra and couldn't be happier. Great warranty, fun to drive, and comfortable, compaired to my SUV, the gas guage doesn't move. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase, and the Kia network of services.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Kia Spectra in VA is:

$127 per month*