2008 Kia Spectra Consumer Review: Great Car

2008 Kia Spectra - Consumer Review

Spectra5 SX Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great Car
By hdwestmont on

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in February and since then have already put over 7,000 miles on it. I drive a lot! I've never gotten worse than 27 mpg and have gotten as good as 38, and trust me, I don't drive like an old woman and that's usually with the AC on too. Was planning on buying an American car, but after endless test drives, this car had more get up and go (compared to Pontiac Vibe, Dodge Caliber). I also liked it better than the Nissan Versa (way over priced) and the Toyota Matrix (also way over priced). All in all, It's been a great car, got more options for less money and it doesn't look like a pregnant roller skate! =)

the ipod jack, cruise control, AC, power locks and windows, tons of room! good mpg, good stock sound system (i drove a 1973 Chevy Nova for almost 5 years, you learn to appreciate the small things)

I've noticed the parking lights will sometimes come on if you leave the lights in the on position, easy fix though, turn them off. The only thing that really bugs me is that the mirrors ( at least i think it's the mirrors) whistle when there is a crosswind.