2008 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Hardy Recommendation
By Danielle Prevette on 05/15/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with this car. It has so far been one of the best cars I have owed over my 40+ years of ownership, which has included Honda, Toyota, Subaru and VW. I have had absolutely no problems in the ss 1st 5 months of ownership.

The Kias are Alright
By Sam/Hain on 05/11/08 15:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As of this writing, the Kia is a good little car. A smooth ride, and cheaper than the competitors. (Learn to love that word folks, its great.) As a commuter, I give a thumbs up.

Nice little car for the money
By KYPhoenix on 04/26/08 21:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have just recently purchased this vehicle. After looking at other vehicles in this class (Dodge Caliber/ Avenger, Ford Focus, etc) I believe this to be the best value, by far. The 2.0 with a manual is peppy, the engine is all but unnoticeable until 4k rpm (About 80+ in 5th), and with all the convenience features I got, makes me feel like I got a great deal. Gas mileage has been 22ish (city) thus far, but I only have about 150mi on her right now, and by all accounts mpg gets much better as it breaks in. Overall a great car for a person who needs affordable transportation, but likes a car to have a bit of pep and personality.

Great Value for the Dollar!
By G.Peter on 01/08/08 21:13 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of finest compact cars on the market today. The features that this car offers are absolutely phenomenal. I initially checked out other compact cars such as the Dodge Caliber, Toyota Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, and Nissan Sentra. I have to admit that each of those cars left me desiring and seeking much more. Then I decided to check out the Kia Spectra 5 and that was the best decision I could have made. The car was everything I was looking for in a compact car. The look was sporty. The exterior quality was extremely obvious. The interior was loaded with features that even some bigger cars and SUVs didn't have. Then came the drive. I was sold and the car was mine. Thank you Kia.

Nice little car
By Bob on 01/02/08 19:16 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have put about 1500 miles on in two weeks. Mixed driving (city and 75 mph interstate) with AC on about 25% of the time. Mileage 30-32 mpg. May get better as it breaks in. Reasonable power for an econo car. Engine noisey when pushing beyond 3500 rpm, but under normal driving a very quiet, pleasant ride. Good fit and finish. No wind noise in the interior unless wind is really blowing outside (30+ mph). Suspension a little soft. Sounds like it is bottoming out when I hit a pothole. I intend to keep this car a long time. If it is reliable, this car is an excellent buy.

WOW! What a fun car!
By Pacific NW Customer on 12/24/07 10:56 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Spec5 from the dealership as soon as it was available. I do a LOT of business driving, and love the roominess of the hatchback when I have to carry my supplies with me. The peppy 2.0 liter engine with the 5- speed makes this car a blast to drive. I'm getting almost 30 mpg in town, and closer to 35 on the open road. I haven't run out of power when passing or accelerating, and it climbs in the mountains great too! Never a problem in the first 8000 miles! Love the 7500 mile oil changes, and of course the great warranty!

Great and fun commuter
By ARConcepts on 12/10/07 13:13 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With now 2000 miles under its belt, I would like to say this was a great purchase. There are some slight noises through the cabin, but overall fit and finish is very good. The manual transmission is the way to go to get the most from the engine, though the clutch takes a little getting used to and rpms tend to hang a little per shift. Long strokes between gears, but a $90 aftermarket short shifter should allievate this problem. Great gas mileage thus far ,worst MPG so far 28.79 mpg on the first tank (best 33.06 mpg last tank 1806 miles). Roomier than my old 98 Explorer storage wise and lots of great features make it a welcome little car. Was really fun in the mountains, just needs more HP.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.