2008 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Nice car for the money
By ikillbugs on 10/13/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Kia used but with very few miles on it. I love the looks and the overall ride is excellent, even at 80 mph on the interstate (although past 80 it does get a bit shaky). I got the EX model, and given a choice (after the fact) I would certainly look for an SX model with the sportier suspension. It does not handle that well in tight corners, but I bought it for a commuter, not a race car. I rated it at 8 for BUILD QUALITY and RELIABILITY simply because I just don't know. I have only had the car a month. So far so good ;-)

My next car will be a Kia
By Derrick on 10/06/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. It looks great in a parking lot and sexy on the road! My friends and family all want to drive it and wish their car was a kia. I love my spectra sx!

Buyer's Remorse
By James on 10/05/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is really uncomfortable to drive for more than an hour. The driver's seat curves up sharply jabbing into your rear end. I'm not a skinny guy, but by no means large either. But the real disappointment is in the 23 mpg avg I'm getting. Mostly highway, this is very disappointing in a car this size. Now one nice thing is that the controls are easy to reach. Second, this car really has some kick. It will jump out in traffic like a 6 cylinder vehicle if you need to. But it fails to be a good ride and to be economical to drive.

Bought another
By B.J. Miller on 09/03/08 05:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally had a 2006 Spectra which was totaled in an accident when someone lost control of their SUV after they were hit by someone who ran a stop sign. Fortunately the airbag worked well. I was very happy with my 2006 Spectra but before I purchased another one, I wanted to see what other options I had. I drove every make and model out there and could find nothing else that I was more comfortable in or satisfied with than the Spectra, so I promptly purchased another one and have not had, even for a second, any regrets. I even turned down a purchase of a 2005 Jaguar that was selling for the same price as the Spectra. I found reviews of the Spectra to be more reliable than the Jag.

Great Buy!
By Tina on 08/13/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new car and I don't think I could have done any better! Smooth driving and great gas mileage.

Bargain Small Car
By Rob on 07/27/08 06:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fine small car that has all of the features you need at a price considerably less than the Japanese makes. Quality of the major Korean brands has improved markedly over the last 15 to 20 years and they are almost on par with the major Japanese brands. The ride is surprisingly smooth and quiet. Engine power is adequate but no "ball of fire". Handling is ok but this is no sports car. This is a great first car for a teen or a second car for getting around town. With rebates the selling price of this car was $14,200 + TTL vs. a list price of $16,700. That is a strong price vs. what late model used cars are selling for without the strong factory warranty.

Surprisingly Good Car
By jabhiji on 07/14/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a LX for about a month now and have been pleasantly surprised at the gas economy and reliability so far. Most of the miles so far are on the highway (with the A/C on) and I have consistently obtained 34+ MPG, with the maximum so far being 37.8 MPG. The vehicle handles very well on the highway, but can be a bit awkward at low speeds. Does not handle turns very well, even at low speeds. Feels like the car is going to rollover if you take those curved exit ramps at more than 30 to 35 mph. But overall, considering the price, I am a very satisfied owner.

Great value, like all the "kiadai" cars
By Jose in Dallas on 06/10/08 13:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall this vehicle is great for a subcompact. The Hyundai 2.0 L sounds fantastic at 6000 RPM but gets rather thirsty. Engine noise is very little until you get on the freeway. Very comfy suspension with the smoothness of a Caddy until you take a sharp corner where it leans like a pickup truck. The overall build and quality of these Korean cars (Hyundai & Kia) has been improving every year but they are still not on the same level as the Japanese. With the 100,000 Mi warranty the vehicle is a great value for the price.

Big Suprise
By PT on 06/07/08 11:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We walked away with this bargain for under 12k. This has been completely reliable and fun to drive for us. Very spacious interior and you feel completely secure wrapped in airbags, this is honestly the only car I have ever really enjoyed owning. Highly recommended by his owner.

08 Kia a good buy
By irishgreg83 on 05/23/08 18:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my kia for about three weeks now, and I have to say I really like this car. I was a little worried switching to a 4cyl foreign car, after drving 6 cyl chevys for as long as I have been driving. The car feels very sturdy while driving it. The 2.0 liter engine can get up and go although the engine gets kinda load over 4000 rpm. I get greats gas mileage, sometimes close to 38 mpg on the highway at reasonable speeds (80 mph or less). The drivers seat leaves a good bit of room for the driver which is nice if you are 6 ft plus, and there is plenty of head room. All in all I am happy I chose this car you cant beat it for the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.