2008 Kia Spectra
By Bob E. on
2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
Overall the vehicle has done what I needed and expected. Power is fine, mileage was about 30-31 mpg until I reached 25000 miles then I tipped 38mpg a few times depending upon passenger content, and city/highway percentage of driving when tracking the mpg of a tank of fuel. Sound system is good with nice bass and crisp highs. My tires wore out at 27000 miles to the wear bars even though I kept pressure monitored closely and rotated according to recommendations, but you know how the new car new tires are worse mileage than the ones you replace them with! The only thing would keep me from another spectra purchase is the timing belt has terrible moaning noise in the engine. Dlr says its fine!
Favorite Features
Mileage per gallon, Stereo system has good sound, adequate power to get into traffic, leg room for a small car, maneuverability in traffic and parking lot is good.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the terrible relentless moaning, whining, noise from the engines timing belt area!!! Ive sat at a light and listened to the sound of an old washing machine wharring for 27000 miles increasing to a loud whirrr when accelerating. Thank you for the nice sounding radio to turn up louder!