Used 2008 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

My only Problem is Humming Noise
By Dwight Judd

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the car it has great pick up. Now the problem that I'm having is when I'm driving the car and the wind is blowing at the passenger side of the car I'm picking up a high pitching humming noise inside the car sounds like it's coming from the driver side dash and window area but not sure.

Favorite Features

My wife is short and she loves the way the drivers seat goes up. And our son is tall and there's room for him in the back. I also like that pad on the driver sides floor board.

Suggested Improvements

Make the seats electrical because she has lupus in her joints and it makes it tough for her some days

I love my KIA soo much!
By James

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

OMG, where do I start. I bought it new NOV 07, I got to choose the one I wanted any color anything. Took one look at my white EX 5spd rear spoiler, and I was hooked. So long story short 2 1/2 yrs later and car approaching 60,000 miles on it now, not a thing has gone wrong. People always comment on my car, and how clean and good it has held up! I take care of my car but don't baby it! I think it handles really well, and at times I feel like I'm in a sports car. The rear spoiler makes it look so much better and 5 spd Overdrive, I don't have to always down shift up hills (only when some trucker or slow car gets in front of me. All and all At least take a look and consider!

Favorite Features

The whole thing! The fact that It hasn't been in the shop (only for routine work)

Suggested Improvements

I'm happy with what I got!

great little car for the money
By wilburn mchone

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have put a custom cold air k. N intake system and a greedy exhaust on the car and have e. 3 iridium spark plugs and it is a straight drive and has an adjustable ait controller by surge performance it is fully adjustable and they say up to 50 or more horse power that is what they say 30 to 40 is what you are going to get but with intake exhaust and ait controller that 60 horse power over stock and it still runs in a safe zone where there is no worries about engine damage just break the engine in first before being aggressive with your driving style until broken in and you will have no problem break in is everything, no break in you end up with a broken down car so just be gentle until broken in

Favorite Features

Favorite I open the hood of the Mitsubishi lancer that they had used when I was buying my car they had the exact same engine and was about the same price but the Mitsubishi was used with 50 k on it and was not any nicer so I said what the interest on this car they said 14 percent the new Kia 4.9

Suggested Improvements

Cold air intake by kn and a greedy exhaust and ait controller by surge and these little cars turn into beast and go to kfx performance you can get any kind of performance part you want for this little car so please how ever you drive so check there site out they have superchargers and turbos for them

Spectra
By KIA

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Spectra, new. The gas mileage is great! I usually get 26 mpg around town; 39 mgp highway. It's the perfect car for around town, but a little small for interstate driving. It has great pick up and handles turns well.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is the greatest feature.

Suggested Improvements

The seating could be improved and a new design on the rear end.

Not bad for the money
By Bryan

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a young driver(21) bought this when I was 19(actually still making payments) and this has been a great car. The 5 speed really lets you open up the engine and get the most out of it and I wouldn't have it any other way. Mine has developed a rather strange problem lately, the rear floorboards are getting soaked but there is no leake up top, so I am guessing water is coming in from the bottom? This will be my first experience with KIA customer service so I hope they treat me well and I get my car back soon. This seems like a rare problem so I won't blame the car just yet. Overall, great car for the money hands down.

Favorite Features

A/C(first car that has had A/C that worked:) Dependable, just fun to drive (5 speed) Comfortable, has been on many trips, will go on many more in it with no doubts.

Suggested Improvements

Change the back end, the tail lights are huge! Make replacing things easier, like speakers(very complicated to change) Don't put cup holders directly behind the shifter, especially on the manual models.