2008 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Great Band For Your Buck!
By williamkreth on 06/02/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have owned 2 kias besides this one, and once again kia has surprised me, with their great cars they manufacture! i have been a long time kia owner, and that is not going to change, i drive alot usually 25,000 miles a year! and the kias hold up just fine! and i love their basic yet stylish designs and layouts!

Will never buy a Kia again!!
By Heather on 06/02/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I do enjoy by Kia. I got it with 12 miles on it in May 08. I don't drive it very much, just to work. But I've had it in the shop 3 time. My kia is a manual and I think thats the problem. the 1st 2 times it was in the shop was 4 months after I got it. It would not go into reverse.Well a new transmission and cluch later the service department said it was "Fixed". WRONG at 11months old sure enough its doing it again so i take it to the delership and they say nothing is wrong. Am I the only person having trouble???

2008 Kia Spectra
By Bob E. on 03/27/09 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the vehicle has done what I needed and expected. Power is fine, mileage was about 30-31 mpg until I reached 25000 miles then I tipped 38mpg a few times depending upon passenger content, and city/highway percentage of driving when tracking the mpg of a tank of fuel. Sound system is good with nice bass and crisp highs. My tires wore out at 27000 miles to the wear bars even though I kept pressure monitored closely and rotated according to recommendations, but you know how the new car new tires are worse mileage than the ones you replace them with! The only thing would keep me from another spectra purchase is the timing belt has terrible moaning noise in the engine. Dlr says its fine!

Parking lights stay on sometimes
By Don on 02/01/09 12:30 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car 6 mo. ago, had this problem since I bought car, dealer said if it doesn't happen all the time, they couldn't fix it. That was fine in the summer but when I had to have it jumped 3 times in the parking lot at work in -10, that's a problem. Brought it back, still wouldn't fix it. Car is 6 mo. old, 13,000 miles, lost 6 grand in value. My mpg were 24-33 thats terrible. My folks' big Buick gets 30 and it's a nice ride, not like this.

Great car and a great value
By qcspectra on 01/11/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new last summer. Great build quality and materials, especially at this price. Have previously owned 8 Hondas and 2 Mazdas, and this Spectra easily compares to them. My EX w/manual transmission has averaged 31 in mixed driving (65/35 city/hwy), well over the 23/30 EPA rating. Shopped the '08 Civic, Mazda3, Corolla, Elantra, and Cobalt.

Crushed Spectra replaced with a Spectra
By BJM on 01/11/09 06:28 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally bought a Spectra in 2004 and really like it. I never had a problem with it until the day an SUV coming at me in the opposite lane was hit by a car that ran a stop sign, lost control, came into my lane and wiped me out. My Spectra was totaled. Although I was happy with my Spectra, I went to CarMax to see what else was out there. I drove a half a dozen cars or so, and nothing was better than what I had. I purchased another Spectra and have been very happy with it. I must have gotten a good one because I routinely get just over 40 miles to the gal. The comment I get most when people get in my car is "This is a KIA?" in an unbelieving tone.

unexpected... an inexpensive, great car
By midwest customer on 12/22/08 22:36 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect for my purposes. Lots of city driving with the occasional cross country drive. I was blown away when I drove almost 500 miles at about 75mph before needing gas. The roomy interior is perfect as I often have a full car. Safety is a huge issue for me and I always feel good in this car. ABS served me well while driving through N.E. snowstorms. The cruise control is great too. Drives very smoothly, and the CD changer and iPod hookup are great for long drives. I love being able to have my GPS, cell phone charger, and iPod all plugged in at the same time. I have had this car for 4 months and have received tons of compliments.

My Kia
By uptomischief on 11/30/08 04:38 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Kia about a week. What a fun car. It has excellent pick up and you feel safe scooting out in traffic. The car is very comfortable. Easy to maneuver the seat and tilt wheel to make it comfortable. The keyless entry is great. It has a ton of trunk space. Inside is roomy enough for four people. It has a lot of extras you would not expect such as place to plug in ipod, sturdy cup holders including ones in back seat, CD player, etc. What I found amazing was that this car had all these extras but cruise control is not standard. Overall, this is a great car. It is fun and easy to drive, very economical, comfortable, reliable, safe, and less expensive than the competition

Great Commuter Car - Thumbs UP!
By billddrummer on 11/26/08 10:19 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle seeking reasonable price point and good fuel economy. The car delivers both with excellent results! I have daily multi-destination commutes and put nearly 600 miles/week on this vehicle among 3 drivers. We routinely get 30+ miles/gallon in mixed driving, and the car is comfortable for all of us, ranging from 5'5" to over 6 feet. Seats are wide enough for middle-aged spread, and pickup in lower gears is exceptional. No complaints from this happy owner! Check this out before buying a Honda or Toyota Corolla.

Kia Spectra-Thumbs Up!
By KiaFan on 11/16/08 20:06 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drove my Kia Spectra EX Automatic over 3700 miles in Western Canada and USA after buying one month before. Excellent comfort, cruise control was flawless, held the road well, achieved average of 35 mpg (39 in one stretch), great brakes. Plenty adequate pickup on entering a freeway. Very quiet engine at highway speed of 70 or at idle (wondered if in was running while waiting at a stop sign). The finish and fit is excellent. The price was right - at least $3000 less than a Corolla or Civic or Jetta. I also checked it to its sister/brother the Hyundai Elantra... compares well, same engine, nicer interior. Stereo/CD radio very good. Great warranty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.