Used 2008 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Terrible trans!
By disgusted

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First transmission replaced at 17,000 miles, 2nd at 23,000. Water "sloshing" around somewhere in the dash/floor area that "can't be fixed". I like the warranty, but when the car's in the shop, you're stranded. No rental, no loaner, just stranded. I paid $950 for a used Mazda 626 with 175k on it and it's way more reliable than this!

that i can one day pay it off and get rid of it!

buy American!

Wanted a Wagon
By Greg

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall i like the car it's got good power and a lot of features for the money. It has a quit cabin and handles bumps in the road like a more expensive car. I have been on a few camping trips with this car and it was a joy to drive.

My favorite features are the good power, the good looks and the interior looks like a more expensive interior.

I would like the drivers seat to adjust lower then it does, i sit too high. also i don't no what it is but i am having trouble getting used to the clutch but i can jump into a new honda for example and i can work the clutch perfectly with zero learning time, i work in a garage so i drive many cars.

My only Problem is Humming Noise
By Dwight Judd

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the car it has great pick up. Now the problem that I'm having is when I'm driving the car and the wind is blowing at the passenger side of the car I'm picking up a high pitching humming noise inside the car sounds like it's coming from the driver side dash and window area but not sure.

My wife is short and she loves the way the drivers seat goes up. And our son is tall and there's room for him in the back. I also like that pad on the driver sides floor board.

Make the seats electrical because she has lupus in her joints and it makes it tough for her some days

I love my KIA soo much!
By James

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

OMG, where do I start. I bought it new NOV 07, I got to choose the one I wanted any color anything. Took one look at my white EX 5spd rear spoiler, and I was hooked. So long story short 2 1/2 yrs later and car approaching 60,000 miles on it now, not a thing has gone wrong. People always comment on my car, and how clean and good it has held up! I take care of my car but don't baby it! I think it handles really well, and at times I feel like I'm in a sports car. The rear spoiler makes it look so much better and 5 spd Overdrive, I don't have to always down shift up hills (only when some trucker or slow car gets in front of me. All and all At least take a look and consider!

The whole thing! The fact that It hasn't been in the shop (only for routine work)

I'm happy with what I got!

great little car for the money
By wilburn mchone

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have put a custom cold air k. N intake system and a greedy exhaust on the car and have e. 3 iridium spark plugs and it is a straight drive and has an adjustable ait controller by surge performance it is fully adjustable and they say up to 50 or more horse power that is what they say 30 to 40 is what you are going to get but with intake exhaust and ait controller that 60 horse power over stock and it still runs in a safe zone where there is no worries about engine damage just break the engine in first before being aggressive with your driving style until broken in and you will have no problem break in is everything, no break in you end up with a broken down car so just be gentle until broken in

Favorite I open the hood of the Mitsubishi lancer that they had used when I was buying my car they had the exact same engine and was about the same price but the Mitsubishi was used with 50 k on it and was not any nicer so I said what the interest on this car they said 14 percent the new Kia 4.9

Cold air intake by kn and a greedy exhaust and ait controller by surge and these little cars turn into beast and go to kfx performance you can get any kind of performance part you want for this little car so please how ever you drive so check there site out they have superchargers and turbos for them