Used 2008 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Lemon
By Disappointed

2008 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car less than a month ago and has already been in the shop twice. First mistake was buying used but I guess they saw a sucker coming. I got a lemon. Service dept. tells me its bad spark plug wires and spark plugs. Really every two weeks. They cannot replace them all until defective if under warranty. Really? Bet my warranty runs out first.

Wanted a Wagon
By Greg

2008 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall i like the car it's got good power and a lot of features for the money. It has a quit cabin and handles bumps in the road like a more expensive car. I have been on a few camping trips with this car and it was a joy to drive.

My favorite features are the good power, the good looks and the interior looks like a more expensive interior.

I would like the drivers seat to adjust lower then it does, i sit too high. also i don't no what it is but i am having trouble getting used to the clutch but i can jump into a new honda for example and i can work the clutch perfectly with zero learning time, i work in a garage so i drive many cars.

So Happy
By Cathy

2008 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm so happy that I bought this car. I drive 45mins to and from work every day and is great on gas. I love is car.

4 doors, small car

not worth it
By John C

2008 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

the gas mileage was disappointing.. The Spectra stared to fall apart in a year.. the service department was horrible.. I was hoping it would hold up and the dealership would honor the warranty but after taking it in three times for the door on the gas cap, they said it was a poor design and only cleaned it again.. and were so rude! they said I must have broken it and the seat belt that wouldn't retract.. the side door wouldn't always close.. and I always smelt something burning.. I wasn't planning to sell it in a year after buying new but lost confidence in this car and the warranty.. it is very top heavy and not a good car to drive in the real world.. I took a huge loss with Kia..

the dash board looked cool..

transmission, top heavy, suspension, gas mileage, customer support, wheels,

Great Car
By hdwestmont

2008 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in February and since then have already put over 7,000 miles on it. I drive a lot! I've never gotten worse than 27 mpg and have gotten as good as 38, and trust me, I don't drive like an old woman and that's usually with the AC on too. Was planning on buying an American car, but after endless test drives, this car had more get up and go (compared to Pontiac Vibe, Dodge Caliber). I also liked it better than the Nissan Versa (way over priced) and the Toyota Matrix (also way over priced). All in all, It's been a great car, got more options for less money and it doesn't look like a pregnant roller skate! =)

the ipod jack, cruise control, AC, power locks and windows, tons of room! good mpg, good stock sound system (i drove a 1973 Chevy Nova for almost 5 years, you learn to appreciate the small things)

I've noticed the parking lights will sometimes come on if you leave the lights in the on position, easy fix though, turn them off. The only thing that really bugs me is that the mirrors ( at least i think it's the mirrors) whistle when there is a crosswind.