2008 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Some problems, but good car
By mountaineer6 on 04/06/14 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Spectra about 2 years ago with 18,000 miles Certified Pre-Owned. Only major problem I've had is the front end is so out of whack (sometime shaking violently at highway speeds other times not and knocking noise), and no one can seem to fix it. Was told it was probably the tires, so I replaced them for the problem to resurface as soon as the were worn in. Now I'm about to drop another $500 to replace the front struts and hopefully resolve the issue. Kia says that it isn't covered under the warranty (because apparently the struts on a car with 40,000 miles should go bad.) Get 30mpg, SO FUN TO DRIVE, kinda slow but peppy, maneuverable, good visibility, ugly but sporty look.

Best Valued Commute Car!
By themagicfarmer on 05/01/13 13:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 08 Spectra (with 18K on it) from an official Kia dealer about a year ago. No disappointment so far. The car has all necessary functions, basically powered everything, Air conditioning and so forth. It's built cheap but in a simple and neat fashion, plus designed with safety and accessibility in mind. Spacious, driver's seat, back seats and truck, every where. Kia's service center is excellent too. They perform everything necessary, and never charge for pointless services, like mandatory car wash if serviced which many Honda dealers do. It's the type of shop you want to rely on. (my dealer is located 3 mins from where I live, I'm happy!) To sum up, isn't it an ideal commute car?

2nd Time Around
By cph0857 on 10/26/11 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I totaled my '07 Spectra about 3 weeks ago and was heartbroken. This car had been flawless with no problems. My collision was at 40 mph, with an immoveable object. (Tree) Yes, I was sober. My Kia took great care of me in the accident, crumpled all around me with no serious damage to the passenger compartment. I wish the exterior panels had not been so damaged, but I will trade the totaled exterior for the protected interior any day. I walked away with just a tiny cut on my finger from the broken glass. I found an ’08 with 5,000 miles and we are settling in nicely. I expect to have a long and happy life with my new Spectra.

Disgusted
By Tony on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Do not believe any favorable since they must be written by all of the useless salesmen who cannot sell the Kia Brand. Tires horrible, front end struts and steering arm, water sloshing, bad paint job, rear end noise. Never again. Buying Chevrolet.

Terrible trans!
By disgusted on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First transmission replaced at 17,000 miles, 2nd at 23,000. Water "sloshing" around somewhere in the dash/floor area that "can't be fixed". I like the warranty, but when the car's in the shop, you're stranded. No rental, no loaner, just stranded. I paid $950 for a used Mazda 626 with 175k on it and it's way more reliable than this!

My only Problem is Humming Noise
By Dwight Judd on 06/16/10 09:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the car it has great pick up. Now the problem that I'm having is when I'm driving the car and the wind is blowing at the passenger side of the car I'm picking up a high pitching humming noise inside the car sounds like it's coming from the driver side dash and window area but not sure.

I love my KIA soo much!
By James on 06/03/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

OMG, where do I start. I bought it new NOV 07, I got to choose the one I wanted any color anything. Took one look at my white EX 5spd rear spoiler, and I was hooked. So long story short 2 1/2 yrs later and car approaching 60,000 miles on it now, not a thing has gone wrong. People always comment on my car, and how clean and good it has held up! I take care of my car but don't baby it! I think it handles really well, and at times I feel like I'm in a sports car. The rear spoiler makes it look so much better and 5 spd Overdrive, I don't have to always down shift up hills (only when some trucker or slow car gets in front of me. All and all At least take a look and consider!

great little car for the money
By wilburn mchone on 03/07/10 19:43 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have put a custom cold air k. N intake system and a greedy exhaust on the car and have e. 3 iridium spark plugs and it is a straight drive and has an adjustable ait controller by surge performance it is fully adjustable and they say up to 50 or more horse power that is what they say 30 to 40 is what you are going to get but with intake exhaust and ait controller that 60 horse power over stock and it still runs in a safe zone where there is no worries about engine damage just break the engine in first before being aggressive with your driving style until broken in and you will have no problem break in is everything, no break in you end up with a broken down car so just be gentle until broken in

Spectra
By KIA on 02/25/10 12:42 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Spectra, new. The gas mileage is great! I usually get 26 mpg around town; 39 mgp highway. It's the perfect car for around town, but a little small for interstate driving. It has great pick up and handles turns well.

Not bad for the money
By Bryan on 12/29/09 20:41 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a young driver(21) bought this when I was 19(actually still making payments) and this has been a great car. The 5 speed really lets you open up the engine and get the most out of it and I wouldn't have it any other way. Mine has developed a rather strange problem lately, the rear floorboards are getting soaked but there is no leake up top, so I am guessing water is coming in from the bottom? This will be my first experience with KIA customer service so I hope they treat me well and I get my car back soon. This seems like a rare problem so I won't blame the car just yet. Overall, great car for the money hands down.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.